built-in ovens on the north coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We will be returning to our house in a month or so and will be doing a small renovation. Is it possible to find wall or built-in ovens in any of the stores in the Puerto Plata area? I saw one at Distribudora Gonzales but that was several years ago. We would go to Santiago to find one if there was nothing in Pop, so if anyone has any info on that as well, it would be most appreciated.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Avenida Luis Ginebra | Plaza 1, Puerto Plata 58000, Dominican Republic

There is a restaurant supply store there and they also have a lot of stuff for the personal kitchen. Probably the best place I know of to get everything for the kitchen in Puerto Plata.

(forgot the name of the store, sorry)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
frankly speaking we bought our built-in stove in santiago but i second that a store on luis ginebra would be the place to look. it is expensive thou...
on a second note - our oven looks great and works ok but i would not do it again. or maybe i would give some more thought to the design of a kitchen itself. our kitchen cabinets are made of oak and they do get hot when the oven is on, especially when there is no power (without power stove fan does not work). my advice is to get a builder and/or carpenter who know how to secure it well in a wall/cabinet.

Jan 17, 2009
Avenida Luis Ginebra | Plaza 1, Puerto Plata 58000, Dominican Republic

There is a restaurant supply store there and they also have a lot of stuff for the personal kitchen. Probably the best place I know of to get everything for the kitchen in Puerto Plata.

(forgot the name of the store, sorry)

EQUIPAMOS. Very expensive, and terrible customer service. Waiting for over an hour for an item, to then learn that is not in stock or they just don't know the price!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I have seen them in the Fereteria LaLuma in Cabatere. The are propane and not cheap. We installed one but you will need a carpenter. You may have to modify a cabinet. If you don't have gas available, you may be stuck.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
btw, our oven was, i think, 25000 pesos, so not exactly cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.