Boca de Yuma-activities

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
The east coast has alot to do, but their is one place that is mention very little in my opinion. To me I think Boca de Yuma should be mentioned more. There is alot to do there! It is one of the premeir places for fishing in fact they have a yearly tournament there. For those that like to fish you can go there and find a local fisherman that would be more than happy to take you out on his boat . You can also enjoy everything from hunting,biking and hiking. It has a very nice National park "Parque nacional del este" When you get there you come into the village and you see the Rio Yuma going into the Caribbean Sea, it really is quite nice. There are also some nice caves you can visit, these are located up the river which you can navigate with a guide.They also have a couple of nice beaches there,"White beach" Since it is really a fishing village needles to say they have alot of fish . I like to eat the "CHILLO" a species of snapper, very tasty, with tostones "fried green Plantains, white rice and salad. They also have ice-cold presidents:smoke: . Boca de Yuma is fairly close to Bavaro "30 mins " depending on how you drive but it is definetly worth it and one does not have to spend alot of money. I would definetly recommend a trip there.

Last edited:

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
I don't remember seeing any Italian rest. last time I was there,but I could have missed it. I don't go to boca de yuma for Italian usually I go for the seafood. Anyways I don't know of a good Italian rest. in Bavaro other that pizzareli in the palma real mall. You know next to tony romas. If u know of another pls. let me know. There area few little hotels in boca de yuma usually u get a room for a couple of hrs. if u know what me

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks Milos Next time I'm there I will look it up, The Italian food in Bavaro is not the best. Something about the dough u know. I love Italian food

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
O Sole Mio - Cruce de Ver?n
Mamma Luisa - Punta Cana Village
The one in Los Corales

I've heard good things about Giusy too.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
There?s a place in Boca de Yuma called El Viejo Pirata, I believe it?s Italian. Turn to the right when you?re down in the village, just before the cliff. Go left and there?s a number of seafood restaurants. I had some chillo there two days ago, they know how to cook!!

debinatore

Apr 6, 2006
There is a restaurant called El 'Arponero owned by an Italian located right on the cliff in Boca de Yuma, you can dine overlooking the ocean

ElArponero.jpg

Last edited:

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
I have seen that restaurant but have never eaten there. i will try it the next time I'm in town. lol

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
You know I always love to see my pretty face, Deb, ha ha.
Niholas,
we had several different dishes there at the 'Arponero,
all been very good.
and the whole Place also invites for a little walk along the Cliffs, right aside is a perfect Spot for some really great Fotos.
and the neighbour Place, a big cervezero, has the coldest Beers You can get anywhere, and they been darn Cheapies, too, ha ha.
Mike

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
ok Mike

I have eaten at the restaurant that's immediately to the left when you get to the village. They made some lobsters there for me and a senorita! After that we just hung out watching the veiw. I never ate at the arponero, but when I go back to Bavaro hopefully soon I sure will! LOL:cheeky:

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
hotels in boca de yuma

yes there some hotels in boca de yuma, thou I don't think there any resort type hotels more like cabanas. I have stayed in one but i can't recall the name. when u get to the cliff hang a left and it's on ur left hand side. I'll ventur to say there is more than one.