A plug for Britannia Bar - Sos?a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
My wife and I are sitting a Britannia right now. I just had the pork medallions and mashed potatos and all I can say is WOW. The food, service, and price are exceptional. Met the new owner, Ray. Seems like an excellent guy and is obviously doing some good things here. Just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 2, 2008
It is in Sosua, and I second Camden Tom's sentiments.

Ray and Sue are great people, and they are doing an excellent job since they bought the place from Paul.

The food, service, and staff are top-drawer, and the owners are in a class by themselves.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
In Sosua, Pedro Clisante.

What town is this in??

AE

The area is not one that my wife and I, or friends, wish to be in or around after sunset. Not even to drive down the street.

I wish them luck.

Mar 2, 2008
For those who only have the nerve to scurry in and out of town during the daylight hours, Britannia is also open for breakfast and lunch, with which they do an equally excellent job.

There's always one.

Reactions: rice&beans

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The Street

We don't care much for that street either after sundown, but Britannia is fine if you get a table off the drag. I do really like the wait staff, and the owners. The food is good, well-priced bar food and more with specials. Very accommodating. Well worth a try. If only Ilana the new Mayor would close the street from 7 at night to 7 a.m. to vehicular traffic. What a difference that would make to Sosua. What a difference. Still beating that drum.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The area is not one that my wife and I, or friends, wish to be in or around after sunset. Not even to drive down the street.

I wish them luck.

So why post, get on with your pure living and leave comments void, void! The bar has always been class and and worked well, to keep this against the odds deserves great appreciation and respect. God bless them and let's hope you can make a drive down the street one day without peeing your pants. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to keep that place as good as it is?

So why post, get on with your pure living and leave comments void, void! The bar has always been class and and worked well, to keep this against the odds deserves great appreciation and respect. God bless them and let's hope you can make a drive down the street one day without peeing your pants. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to keep that place as good as it is?

Amen brother.

Aug 19, 2004

I think it was a reaosnable comment - Sousa (especially at night) is not to everyones taste.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
We don't care much for that street either after sundown, but Britannia is fine if you get a table off the drag. I do really like the wait staff, and the owners. The food is good, well-priced bar food and more with specials. Very accommodating. Well worth a try. If only Ilana the new Mayor would close the street from 7 at night to 7 a.m. to vehicular traffic. What a difference that would make to Sosua. What a difference. Still beating that drum.

I agree with the driving part. It gets pretty hectic a night with the moto conchos and the other idiots who stop in the middle of the street to talk to the girls. Nothing a couple of amet guys couldn?t fix real fast. ?Oh yea, they don?t work nights?. As for the other stuff, just walk on the opposite side of the street. No ladies on that side. Not going there in the evening, to each his own. Once you get past the discos, the street is actually quiet. As all the restaurants and certainly including Britannia are on the quiet part of the street. And yes, it would be nice to have the street closed at night.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
im sure Ilana would be open to some suggestions to improve that didnt cost much money, as she doesnt appear to have any

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Rocky's is #1 for Breakfast

Brittannia has good food, but like most places in the DR, you get Dominican-sized portions...I usually have to buy two meals most places to fill myself.

Rocky's is the best place to go for breakfast....FULL breakfast for 300 pesos or less...the only decent breakfast in Sosua where I don't have to buy two breakfasts to get full...oh, and btw, you get FREE coffee refills, too...no where else in Sous, to my knowledge, will do that except Rocky's!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.