Looking for employment in childcare or teaching position

mmccom2

Sep 7, 2010
Hi I'm Martha! Soy Marta! I'm looking for a job in early child care, nanny, babysitter, or substitute teacher. I live in the United States now but I would like to live in the DR. I have been to the DR several times. I have a boyfriend down there so I know Dominican livng and I've lived down there for 2 months...I am taking the TEFL class online to gain my certification. I was looking for a job on the south east coast- La Romana, Bayahibe,etc. I was wondering if hotels would hire me for child care because i'm fluent in English and intermediate Spanish-still learning more Spanish,not fluent yet but will be! For child care- here in te states I have my 90 hours certification and CPR. I have had 6 years of child care experience here in the states. Please let me know if there are any availabilities or how I could improve myself in getting a job before residing in DR. Thanks.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
First off you need to get your cedula application in, if you land a job at a school then they usually sort that out with you. You will be lucky to get a job in a school with only an online TEFL, most schools will only employ you with a degree plus at least a real time TEFL, in this case online education means very little, anyone can get it and you need not have had any contact with kids at all (which obviously comes with experience, everyone needs to start somewhere), or even been in a class environment which a real time TEFL will give you.
Your Spanish will need to be excellent to get a job in a Hotel.
The good thing is you have childcare experience of 6 years which stands for something.
There are lots of nursery schools around but not speaking good spanish makes that an almost impossible avenue to take.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi I'm Martha! Soy Marta! I'm looking for a job in early child care, nanny, babysitter, or substitute teacher. I live in the United States now but I would like to live in the DR. I have been to the DR several times. I have a boyfriend down there so I know Dominican livng and I've lived down there for 2 months...I am taking the TEFL class online to gain my certification. I was looking for a job on the south east coast- La Romana, Bayahibe,etc. I was wondering if hotels would hire me for child care because i'm fluent in English and intermediate Spanish-still learning more Spanish,not fluent yet but will be! For child care- here in te states I have my 90 hours certification and CPR. I have had 6 years of child care experience here in the states. Please let me know if there are any availabilities or how I could improve myself in getting a job before residing in DR. Thanks.

I might be interested in hiring you, but i am a little further east in Higuey which is about half way between la romana and Punta Cana.

I am looking for a full time nanny for my 3 year old little girl and i have always wanted an english speaking woman with similar family values to myself rather than dominican ladies who have a slightly different take on things than i do. And to have someone with CPR and good emergency medical knowledge.

PM if you are interested.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Take her arm off, offers like that are extremely rare, like winning the lotto in terms of odds.

mmccom2

Sep 7, 2010
Hi wow thats amazing because I do have a lot of expeience with three year olds. I use to teach a 3 year old class at a child care center for 4 years! And three year olds are my favorite age group!I have nannied before. Let me know if your interested! and PM is great for me!

I might be interested in hiring you, but i am a little further east in Higuey which is about half way between la romana and Punta Cana.

I am looking for a full time nanny for my 3 year old little girl and i have always wanted an english speaking woman with similar family values to myself rather than dominican ladies who have a slightly different take on things than i do. And to have someone with CPR and good emergency medical knowledge.

PM if you are interested.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi wow thats amazing because I do have a lot of expeience with three year olds. I use to teach a 3 year old class at a child care center for 4 years! And three year olds are my favorite age group!I have nannied before. Let me know if your interested! and PM is great for me!

By PM i meant please send me a private message with your details. To send a PM click on my user name in the top left of this comment and then choose to send private message. So sorry i know you are new, and we oldies on here have a hablit of abreviating everything and expect all the newbies to know ha ha.

And my 3 year old is 3 going on 13 ha ha!!

Would you want a live in position (which is possible) or are you thinking of renting an apartment?

Anyway send me a private message or email and we can go from there?