Help!!

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
help! ....I'm planning to travel to Punta Cana in early Janurary with my g/f. I'm not sure on what resort to choose from but I think I'm going to choose the Grand Palladium resorts,based on the great reviews and price rate. My issue is that im planning to stay at this resort for only 4days and 3 nights and then I wan't to go to Salcedo (about 1/2 hour away from Santiago) to visit my family..... then from Salcedo I'm planning to resturn back home through the Santiago airport......from what I have read there are no direct bus route from Punta cana to Santiago...I need to know where I could take a reliable taxi at a fare rate for my g/f an I....I know the distance is about 6hours away...but where can I get a nice taxi for a good price?....any advice? ...Also has anyone been to the Grand Palladium resort? thank you very much

Whatever resort you pick will be fine, They are all pretty nice out there. As for a taxi from Bavaro to Salcedo, you will be hit over the head with the taxis from Punta Cana and Bavaro, It is like taxi mafia. Your best bet would be take a cab to Veron or Higuey and then negociate with a local taxi, I am assuming you speak fluent spanish and are Dominican. If I were you I would forget the taxi and take the express bus to the capital and then jump in a cab to Caribe tours and take Caribe tours to Salcedo if you make it in time or to Santiago and take a taxi from Santiago to Salcedo, you will save tons of $$$ if you do it this way.

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
Whatever resort you pick will be fine, They are all pretty nice out there. As for a taxi from Bavaro to Salcedo, you will be hit over the head with the taxis from Punta Cana and Bavaro, It is like taxi mafia. Your best bet would be take a cab to Veron or Higuey and then negociate with a local taxi, I am assuming you speak fluent spanish and are Dominican. If I were you I would forget the taxi and take the express bus to the capital and then jump in a cab to Caribe tours and take Caribe tours to Salcedo if you make it in time or to Santiago and take a taxi from Santiago to Salcedo, you will save tons of $$$ if you do it this way.
thank you so much... yes I do speak fluent spanish as my parents are originally from Salcedo and speaking spanish sure helps alot in DR. Can I get specific directions on where to take the express bus to the Capital.....the cab to caribe tours and does caribe tours go directly to salcedo?......thanks and sorry but I have traveled many times to DR but I usually stay at the beatiful countryside of salcedo so im a lil ignorant of other parts of the country.

georgemen

Apr 1, 2002
I am in Boca chica and I have a friend whoe has a taxi service very nice Van
You can give him a call at 809-715-5595, Tell him George @ Bella Vista sent you.
He will give you a fair price.Also you will at least have a number to check with. You may be better of takeing a taxi to SD and a bus to Santiago only 300 Pesos