help!!

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
help! ....I'm planning to travel to Punta Cana in early Janurary with my g/f. I'm not sure on what resort to choose from but I think I'm going to choose the Grand Palladium resorts,based on the great reviews and price rate. My issue is that im planning to stay at this resort for only 4days and 3 nights and then I wan't to go to Salcedo (about 1/2 hour away from Santiago) to visit my family..... then from Salcedo I'm planning to resturn back home through the Santiago airport......from what I have read there are no direct bus route from Punta cana to Santiago...I need to know where I could take a reliable taxi at a fare rate for my g/f an I....I know the distance is about 6hours away...but where can I get a nice taxi for a good price?....any advice? ...Also has anyone been to the Grand Palladium resort? thank you very much

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Just for your knowledge, EMI taxi wants RD 10,000 Punta cana to Santiago.
This is right at U.S. $270.00......
If you do decide on a taxi, make sure it has a/c.
Many taxi's here do not have a working a/c.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Contact to Bachata, he is a member here. He can recommend the right driver with a good price here in Santiago.

The Hun

Rent a Car

I usually rent a car, rent agencies can pick you up or drop the car at your hotel the day you're checking out. It is cheaper and more convenient than to pay a taxi for obvious reasons. If you want to avoid the driving part, then a guess a bus to SD, Caribe Tours or Metro to Santiago would be the way to go.

I'd done the rental option many times and works out for me.

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
I usually rent a car, rent agencies can pick you up or drop the car at your hotel the day you're checking out. It is cheaper and more convenient than to pay a taxi for obvious reasons. If you want to avoid the driving part, then a guess a bus to SD, Caribe Tours or Metro to Santiago would be the way to go.

I'd done the rental option many times and works out for me.
thank you but I'm only 22 years old.... I think they only rent to people over the age of 25....Can you please give me more info on the bus such as where to take it on punta cana and where to tell the driver to drop me off in Santo Domingo. Also how to get from Santo Domingo to Santiago....... The renting is a great idea but im not sure they will rent me car?!!

thank you but how do I contact him?

Send him a PM, while logged in go to the CP link above, then to the send a message link on the left nav bar. By typing the user's name on the recipient field you will see a list of users.

If you choose to go the bus route, it is easier to getup early and catch the expresso to Santo Domingo, I believe the bus leaves PC at 7 or 8 AM. At the bus stop in SD take a taxi to Caribe Tours (Leopoldo Navarro esq 27 de Febrero) almost everyone knows where it is in SD. When you arrive in Santiago you would need a taxi to Salcedo or you can go the park and take a bus. I have not done this myself in many years, and I usually stay in Santiago, but it should not be that hard, plus you speak Spanish, which is a plus.