look what we found?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I followed our cleaning lady / cook for the clinic to the backyard as she was thrilled to have found something (I heard her talking to herself). I wouldn't have cared but when I saw her walking outside with a huge knife, I just had to follow her in a safe distance behind.
This is what I have found.

2dlloqv.jpg

Its always have been there in the yard and we didn't even know about it. there are 3 of them, the biggest one got the knife today. I guess i can expect a plate of pumpkin tomorrow?
AZB

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I bought on the other day, still sitting in the corner wondering what to do with it. I am not sure what else to do with pumpkin other than soup.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I bought on the other day, still sitting in the corner wondering what to do with it. I am not sure what else to do with pumpkin other than soup.

I make a mean pumpkin soup. I made one about 2 days ago.
AZB

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I'm googling a soup recipe now, pie sound nice but difficult when dealing with pastry here, it always goes rock hard on me when making steak and ale pie, I've never dealt with these things so need some help from uncle google.

or any personal recipes anyone want to share!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I love ahuyama.

I just cut it up in chunks and boil and make some eggs or salami or a can of sardines to go with it or pollo guisao or whatever and eat it up.

you can cut up in one inch chunks and put into your beans or put into a sancocho.

Some people boil and mash it up adding butter and topping with sauteed onions..........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i make my pumpkin soup very simple:
cut into chunks, add small amount of water (just about enough to cover it). throw in few cloves of garlic. cook until tender (does not take long). pour all into the liquadora and liquefy. pour all back into the pot, add salt and spicy chili (dry). bring to boil.
sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with toasted bread with garlic butter.

Aug 21, 2007
Tuscan Style Soup

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup eggplant, peeled and cubed
1 cup water
1 can whole tomatoes, no salt added, undrained and chopped (14 1/2-ounce)
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (OR 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small summer squash, coarsely chopped HERE IN THE DR- USE A SLICE OF THE SQUASH!!!!
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, dried, (oregano, basil, parsley)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
12 oz can chicken broth, reduced sodium
8 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
Cooking Directions:
Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle 2 tbsp of Pecorino Romano cheese.

YUM! Enjoy!

Lindsey

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Cube it, saut? it off with olive oil, salt and pepper. When it's nice & golden toss it with the hot oil into a bowl of fresh arugula, lgr bits of fresh goat cheese, add fresh garlic cro?ton's for a bit of crunch - toss and enjoy.
LT

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
You can also cut it in pieces and bake it covered with some butter and honey. That is a Ukrainian desert. :)

Thanks for the pumpkins' pic. It is very funny.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I get a kick out of the cleaning lady using an umbrella to walk in the back yard...

JD, look at the date and time of the photo. It was raining hard in capital at the time of picture taking.
AZB