Kid's doctor in Sosua/cabarete/Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Can anyone recommend a good doctor for a teenage child? I just need a prescriptions written for meds that can only be dispensed by a doctor. I've already been to the farmacia and tried without a script. We live in Sosua, but anything in the vicinity is ok as long as the care is good! Thanks, Corey

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
CMC Clinic in Sosua.

They are on the main road on the left as you are leaving the Sosua area. Several people speak english including the primary Doctor Roberto.

Good luck. Ringo

Aug 21, 2007
They are on the main road on the left as you are leaving the Sosua area. Several people speak english including the primary Doctor Roberto.

Good luck. Ringo

And there is a good female pediatrician, Dr. Garcia. I recommend her.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Oops- but maybe a teenager is considered too old for a pediatrician. Don't know the answer to that one!

Lindsey

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
We're rather new here so I don't know the procedure. Do we just walk in and ask to see her or do they take appointments? I know CMC quite well. In less than 2 weeks ( 2 weeks ago) both my son and husband spent a few days there. One emergency appendectomy and a touch of pneumonia later we are all thankful for their services!! I love Dr. Garcia!! They treated us very well and were quite reasonable with the bill when my hubbie's insurance fell through. I would definitely use them again.

Aug 21, 2007
Just go in and ask if Dr. Garcia is there. If so, you might need to wait for her to finish with another patient, but it usually isn't a long wait. If she's not there, they will tell you when she will be there. I believe she also works 1/2 day one or two days a week at another clinic. CMC is friendly, so just stop in.

Glad you, also, like Dr. Garcia!

Lindsey

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
Just go in and ask if Dr. Garcia is there. If so, you might need to wait for her to finish with another patient, but it usually isn't a long wait. If she's not there, they will tell you when she will be there. I believe she also works 1/2 day one or two days a week at another clinic. CMC is friendly, so just stop in.

Glad you, also, like Dr. Garcia!

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey,
Does Dr. Garcia speak English?
Brgds

Aug 21, 2007
Hi Lindsey,
Does Dr. Garcia speak English?
Brgds

Her English is basic. But she would try hard with a dictionary by her side to communicate with you.

I am sure that Mary Jo, wife of the owner of the hospital, Roberto Spitale, would sit in on an appointment to help with translating, if necessary. I have seen her do this before.

If you have any questions, just stop in at CMC, introduce yourself to Mary Jo and ask to meet Dr. Garcia. Then you can sort out whether communication would be a problem.

Good luck!
Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.