Yoga or Retreats in DR?

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
I am due to arrive in next two weeks or so to DR for semi permanent work placement.

I will be based in Punta Cana/Bavaro area.

Are there any good Yoga classes or schools in this area, or can anyone recommend a good teacher?

Vinyasa, or Power Yoga type thing. Option to all suggestions.

May want to do a retreat of somekind, anywhere on island. Looking to re-focus and explore in the DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are a few yoga instructors in the area, including at the Six Senses Spa at Punta Cana, but the latter is very pricey. They sometimes have promotions where you can attend free sessions, but very occasionally.
This weekend, as it happens, there is a 3-day yoga retreat at the Punta Cana Hotel, but it's very much a one-off.

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
Guess I'll be sticking to my DVD's then and practising at home.

Hoping might be able to find something when I'm there.

Shame about the timing of the retreat, maybe something else might come up.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There may well be more in the Bavaro area, possibly in one of the other hotels. The gym next to Illumel also has yoga/pilates classes and there are a couple of gyms in Bavaro - a huge one near Friusa where they may offer yoga classes. I'll keep my eyes open.

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
There may well be more in the Bavaro area, possibly in one of the other hotels. The gym next to Illumel also has yoga/pilates classes and there are a couple of gyms in Bavaro - a huge one near Friusa where they may offer yoga classes. I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks! Chiri, you have been so helpful with all of my random posts.

I think the forum is great, wish I'd had something like this on my relocation to Mexico back in the day.

You guys have answered every one of my posts so far.

I feel very confident and informed about what to expect (and what not to) when I start my new life in the DR.

Gracias a todos.