Need help for long term stay

ibo-canada

Sep 10, 2010
Hi to all members
my name is ibo 35 years old male canadian.i would like to come to stay in dr .i have 2 options as area.first santo domingo second bavaro.
In santo domingo i would like to share a house with local family so i could learn culture and language while iam helping them with all their expenses like a house share it would be great if it is in zone colonel or close to it safe area since iam new to country.i was in vacation in punta cana for 2 weeks and i loved the culture and smiling faces .like every country has some problems dr is not diffrent in this section.

Low budget but iam sure my transfering money monthly from my country canada monthly base would help dr economy and i would like to do some volenteer helping them after i learn language.

Iam looking for a specious place in santo domingo so i would not restrict house owner movments in the house.or i could rent a studio fully furnished my budget is 500$ a month for rent,,

also in bavaro i could do the same options

i would be very happy if some one could help me out for this situation thanks

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
What exactly is the help you are looking for. It is a bit of a strange request to ask for a family to take a stranger in, share thier home and lives with you. I could see it possibly working on a student exchange deal but you are a little old for that, it might seem a little creepy to them.
You can get an apartment for $500 per month and much much less but furnished is the problem, and until you get your feet planted, speak the language and begin to get street smarts for the city some of the cheaper areas might soak you up easily, so try to stick to where there is a small foreign influence so you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

My advice would be to get into a house share or take a bedsit. It is normal for some homes to make a spare area in the home completely independant, to get a few extra mil from visiting students or budgeting long term travellers. Expect to pay between 5000-10000 pesos per month for a safe and trustworthy host , ther are loads of these and the best area to find them is in Zona Universitaria.

ibo-canada

Sep 10, 2010
need link or number

hi thanks for your attention.could any body hook me up with an agent who could rent me one in bavaro those prices.number or internet site

thanks