Props to EPS

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I bought a laptop motherboard and had it shipped to my Miami EPS address via UPS from the vendor. In usual fashion EPS kept me well informed on where it was.

When I picked it up in Santiago, the UPS box had bends and creases in it, so we opened it up in the EPS lobby to check. The motherboard was slightly bent/warped...not good.

We showed it to the manager on duty who took it and asked to send her the purchase invoice; she'd have a check for the cost plus shipping prepared, about US$150.

I emailed her the invoiced two days later, Monday morning (was no need to send earlier, since they would be closed.)

This morning I received a phone call from EPS stating the check was in their office, available for pick up any time.

Props to EPS for solid, prompt customer service. The DR needs more companies like EPS.

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Meanwhile im using fedex and just tipped over the $900 USD mark for a $400 laptop and still dont have it. Kudos to EPS

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Used EPS for years and never had a problem. Must have shipped 150+ packages via them. The downside, their rates are a little higher than some others.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my last experience with EPS:
i bought some clothes from the internet shop in the USA. had it shipped to our EPS in miami as always. turned out miesposo put in the wrong address, say 0 instead of 8, next door to EPS office, in any case.
he called EPS in SD (he knows the boss). boss asked someone from EPS miami to knock on the neighbours door to retrieve the package. luckily the neighbour turned out to be some transport company not a private person and they still had our package. EPS got it back, shipped to DR.
now, they did charge us for this service - a whooping 700 pesos - but i am still happy they did something to fix our mistake.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Used EPS for years and never had a problem. Must have shipped 150+ packages via them. The downside, their rates are a little higher than some others.
I'll willingly pay an incrementally higher price for a much higher level of service.

Not once did they even suggest it wasn't their fault. In fact, I was semi-armed for a "discussion." I used no ammo. they waved the white flag before the words were out of my mouth.

(And FWIW, I asked the vendor to do an extra strong packaging for the second motherboard I ordered...just in case...)

terrierist

Mar 20, 2009

I had been very happy with Business Mail and Cargo, who have a slightly better rate than EPS. But six weeks ago they lost an order (a cell phone) between Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata. Even though they sent me an email that it was available in Puerto Plata, they could not locate it. After two weeks of runaround, they requested my invoice, and now refuse to talk to me about it. The local store manager has promised an answer every week now for six weeks, and continues to say "next Wednesday". I am very frustrated, and thus this post to warn others of my bad experience in Puerto Plata with Business Mail and Cargo. I think it may be time to try EPS.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
DHL & EPS Thumbs up

Bought a cheap cel phone from a company in China a few months ago and believe it or not, using DHL and EPS, got it 5 days later in Sosua. (Paid extra of course)

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Vimenpack has provided us with good service. They misplaced a package in Santo Domingo and the customer service person I spoke with followed through on everything thing she said she would. My Spanish is not very good, and she did an excellent job, plus they located the package and sent it to Sosua.
Their prices are good also.

Latibbean

Mar 19, 2009
EPS - Vimenca (Sosua)

Hi all,

I have shipped a few items with EPS and Vimenca. They were both fast and I had no problem at all. One thing for sure is that EPS is more expensive than Vimenca. The EPS website is better and clearer but at the end of the day they both provide similar information.
I would recommend both companies.

terrierist

Mar 20, 2009
Reimbursement in Full

I had been very happy with Business Mail and Cargo, who have a slightly better rate than EPS. But six weeks ago they lost an order (a cell phone) between Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata.

I do not wish to hijack this thread, but in the interests of fairness I feel that I have to offer this update:

Today I received a cheque from Business Mail and Cargo for the full value of the lost cellphone, including shipping. I was actually quite surprised, as most carriers limit their liability. But I am very happy to have the full $100USD in my pocket.

It appears that the problem here is entirely with communication, and not with intention. Rather than raise my expectations, the local manager kept mum and thus exacerbated my exasperation. I'm sure my horrible Spanish did not help with communications either. So in the end, I'd like to retract my earlier warning about Business Mail and Cargo. I'll give them another chance.

And to keep on topic: It's nice to know that EMS is a good alternative should I need it.

Last edited:

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
I'll willingly pay an incrementally higher price for a much higher level of service.

Amen to that.

Its Human nature,

you don't tip a **** waiter/ress.

Oh and EMS?

Still works though. Mail instead of package ;)

x

Blackrainbow

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I stopped into EPS Saturday morning to pick up some packages...including the aforementioned motherboard replacement...and was presented a check for RD$5800....the cost of the damaged goods and shipping.

Thank you, EPS. You admitted your error without making excuses, manned-up and made good your debt...with a smile.

Well done.

If only others in the DR had your sense of personal responsibility...

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
EPS web page

Pls give me a link to EPS web page. I'm trying to find it in order to register but due to my illiteracy have not succeed.

THISDRLOVE

Sep 28, 2010
EPS url

Hi all,

I have shipped a few items with EPS and Vimenca. They were both fast and I had no problem at all. One thing for sure is that EPS is more expensive than Vimenca. The EPS website is better and clearer but at the end of the day they both provide similar information.
I would recommend both companies.

Hello to all, I have been reading this thread trying to get an understanding of what and how EPS works. I have googled EPS and hav'nt really found anything yet. Can I please get the EPS url so I can see their website please. Also, any info on how to use EPS would be greatly appreciated. Im tasked with shipping a package from the US to Sosua.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
very easy

Hello to all, I have been reading this thread trying to get an understanding of what and how EPS works. I have googled EPS and hav'nt really found anything yet. Can I please get the EPS url so I can see their website please. Also, any info on how to use EPS would be greatly appreciated. Im tasked with shipping a package from the US to Sosua.

EPS • Express Parcel Service, Int
not sure from up there but think the link shows how to apply online, the person in sosua is the one that needs the account

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Very simple:

1) Buy a membership. The give you an account # and two addresses, one for packages, one for mail. My addresses are in Doral FL (Miami).

2) You have packages shipped to those addresses.

3) You are informed by email the location and status of the packages.

4) You go to your EPS location to pay for shipping/duty/taxes and pick them up.

Works very well.