No taxes on computers or it products - read!

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Hi guys, alot of you have probably seen my stress levels rise with the laptop issue i just had today. After alot of searching and speaking to different officials....

WTO | Information Technology Agreement

WTO | 2006 News items - The Dominican Republic joins WTO's Information Technology Agreement

As of 2006, the Dominican Republic joined the ITA WTO organization in order to attract growth and technology to the country. This means it cannot charge any taxes or duties on computing or telecom goods.

That means what was normally 20% tax and 16% IBTS, is now just 16%.

Dont let anyone tax you on computing goods. They pocket the money and its illegal.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just spoke to the largest importer of computer items in the DR and he told me you should ONLY pay 16% ITBIS. They import US$2-3 million+ monthly, so they should know :)

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
I just spoke to the largest importer of computer items in the DR and he told me you should ONLY pay 16% ITBIS. They import US$2-3 million+ monthly, so they should know :)

Thanks very much Robert. Looks definite to me now.

Seems a lot of people are being pushed into paying the 20% on top of that. Looks like we found out once and for all anyway. Thanks for your help.