plastic surgery

jessilin

May 6, 2009
I?m looking for a reputable plastic surgeon in Santo Domingo. I have found a lot of doctors with good looking websites and all, but it?s been really hard finding any information about them on the web. I am looking to get breast augmentation and a doctor that speaks english would be helpful. Does anyone have any recommendations or any personal experience with this here?? Thanks in advance!!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Know of one who's good and he can take care also of your recovery stay here. If interested plse PM me.

I?m looking for a reputable plastic surgeon in Santo Domingo. I have found a lot of doctors with good looking websites and all, but it?s been really hard finding any information about them on the web. I am looking to get breast augmentation and a doctor that speaks english would be helpful. Does anyone have any recommendations or any personal experience with this here?? Thanks in advance!!

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
For breast augmentation it's better to go to Cali (Colombia). Cali is a capital of plastic surgery in Latin America, I can recommend you the best clinic and the best English speaking doctor there. I am very sure about it, because my girlfriend's boobs are "Made in Cali", and I visited 20 different clinics with her before we choose the best one.

The cost of breast augmentation is $2000–2500, including the implants (Mentor). It's better to stay there at least two weeks after the surgery. Tickets to Cali is $700 round trip (Copa Air). Apartments for rent or apart hotels are not expensive, you can find one two steps from the clinic. Taxi is very cheap.

jessilin

May 6, 2009
Thank you for the information, however, I currently live in Santo Domingo and I would rather get it here because of that. Also, I don?t need just augmentation. I actually already have saline implants that was done in the US when I lived there, but it?s time for me to change them out to silicone gel. And I will also probably go just a tad bigger. Any info on any doctors here in the capital or personal experiences with doctors here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
We also live in Santo Domingo, but we preferred to fly to Cali for the surgery. It's very serious thing, we didn't want to do it in this country. In Colombia they have much more experience, they have a lot of patients from US and Europe. I live 5 years here in Dominicana and I know dominican mentality very well, so we did not want one breast twice bigger than another one after the surgery ))). It's better to fly to another country for two weeks to get perfect result there.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Actually there can be and have been (even in the US) some very serious and life threatening complications from liposuction. This is a proceedure that needs to be done by a trained and qualified physican.
Three deaths attributed to this proceedure by one physician i would say he does not fit the "trained and qualified" criteria.
Be careful there are a lot of docs out there doing less then good work.

Bob K

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Quite true..... we had a young girl in Philadelphia die after the liposuction procedure.....in King of Prussia

WW

maisha5

Nov 26, 2010
I think it is better if you go to them directly. Talk to them personally so that you can discuss your concern. There are many plastic surgeons out there but it is better if you will talk to them and get their trust.