is playa encuentro closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeanngel

Sep 11, 2010
i saw a video reporting the closing of playa encuentro this past summer (july 2010). is it still open?

if so, what is the best way to get there from Sosua, and what are the rates for renting a board and a day of lessons?

thanks very much. :)

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I picked up a surf board for a friend yesterday, and everything is still open.....and WOW is the road good or what.....they just put some colichi on it and its like a race track now, much better that a couple of months ago....

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
There were some people that tried to close it but it is not closed. Try and contact Swellsurfcampcabarete who posts on this forum for more information on rates/

There are several schools based at Encuentro; I recommend that if you just want a board for a day, go and speak to Marcus at 321 Takeoff or to Bobo - their schools are right next door to each other shortly after the restaurant Club Mendy. Rates vary, but expect to pay around $20 to $25USD for rental and around $35-$40 for a lesson, including your board.

Encuentro is certainly open and in better shape than ever :)

jadeanngel

Sep 11, 2010
hey everyone, thank you so much for the informative replies! i'm so glad to hear it's still open, i can't wait to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.