How would you have handled this?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was in gold's gym in santiago and found myself to be in a, rather, awkward situation.
normally if I see a guy with open zipper, I would get the urge to tell them "sir I think Elvis has left the building" or if I am in a restaurant, I would say "sir, I think the cucumber is falling out of the salad".
Now today I was in the gym and the lady next to me on an exercise machine was doing rather strenuous exercises. In the process she managed to get her left breast slip out from her blouse. The breast was 1/2 out with almost the nipple showing. I didn't know what to do, tried to ignore it but it seemed she was making a fool out of herself as passing by people were seeing her. I tried to look the other way but i was still not comfortable. So what would you folks have done or said to her? peek a boob? umm,
I simply told her in a discreet fashion to fix her blouse. When she saw what was going on, she turned red with embarrassment but she thanked me in the end.
Did I do the right thing or should I have just walked away from this?
AZB

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
AZB.. you are lucky this happened in Santiago in the U.S. if you looked twice she would have you arrested for some kind of sex crime..... only kidding (kind of)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
case B: i was in my girlfriend's house and there they had their driver sitting there as well. It was a typical sunday gathering. All brothers and sisters and niece and nephews were playing around. Mom was cooking her favorite sunday dish etc.
While everyone was talking about their upcoming trip to orlando florida this month the subject of driver's attempt to reach usa came up. Mind you, the driver is like a family member to them.
Seems like the driver had attempted to reach USA via illegal channels. he met some agent (smugglers) who had promised him a boat ride to Puerto rico and then from there to new york with a job waiting for him and papers. The price tag was a whopping 300 thousand pesos (at the time it was more then 8500 dollars cash). The family chipped in, sold some property in country-side and sent their future hope on the way to the land of the riches. There were other people on the boat as well. They were in the sea for 3 days and finally they were let off in puerto rico in the darkness of the night. they were told to wait at a certain point for the agent to come and take them away. When they all landed there, no one came to get them. What was comforting that everyone spoke english but with a weird accent. then to their shock, they discovered they were not in Puerto Rico, they were dropped off in Trinidad and Tobago. The guy was stuck there for 5 month with no money to come back. Finally the family got some money together to send him a plane ticket. even though it was a sad case, everyone was laughing out-loud and ridiculing him. I tried to control myself but I too burst into laughter. he didn't care as this was a regular routine for him and he laughed along with everyone but I didn't know him so i felt bad laughing at his expense.
\Now he wants to marry a gringa to get out of this island the right way. There is a problem, he is considered ugly as sin but but "isn't the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?"
Please do not misjudge the family from this incident, he is like a son to them and dominicans don't mind making fun of each other. So if any woman needs a non-sankie man please send in your requests.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
case B: i was in my girlfriend's house and there they had their driver sitting there as well. It was a typical sunday gathering. All brothers and sisters and niece and nephews were playing around. Mom was cooking her favorite sunday dish etc.
While everyone was talking about their upcoming trip to orlando florida this month the subject of driver's attempt to reach usa came up. Mind you, the driver is like a family member to them.
Seems like the driver had attempted to reach USA via illegal channels. he met some agent (smugglers) who had promised him a boat ride to Puerto rico and then from there to new york with a job waiting for him and papers. The price tag was a whopping 300 thousand pesos (at the time it was more then 8500 dollars cash). The family chipped in, sold some property in country-side and sent their future hope on the way to the land of the riches. There were other people on the boat as well. They were in the sea for 3 days and finally they were let off in puerto rico in the darkness of the night. they were told to wait at a certain point for the agent to come and take them away. When they all landed there, no one came to get them. What was comforting that everyone spoke english but with a weird accent. then to their shock, they discovered they were not in Puerto Rico, they were dropped off in Trinidad and Tobago. The guy was stuck there for 5 month with no money to come back. Finally the family got some money together to send him a plane ticket. even though it was a sad case, everyone was laughing out-loud and ridiculing him. I tried to control myself but I too burst into laughter. he didn't care as this was a regular routine for him and he laughed along with everyone but I didn't know him so i felt bad laughing at his expense.
\Now he wants to marry a gringa to get out of this island the right way. There is a problem, he is considered ugly as sin but but "isn't the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?"
Please do not misjudge the family from this incident, he is like a son to them and dominicans don't mind making fun of each other. So if any woman needs a non-sankie man please send in your requests.
AZB

Wrong thread sir!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I simply told her in a discreet fashion to fix her blouse. When she saw what was going on, she turned red with embarrassment but she thanked me in the end.
Did I do the right thing or should I have just walked away from this?
AZB

You apply customer service 101… Look into the persons eyes, then quickly point your finger at where the problem is on yourself. Then look back at them and simply say, “you have a problem here”, or usted tiene un problema aqu?!

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Its a case B of the same thread. i wonder if I had laughed or kept quiet while listening to the driver's miserable saga.
AZB

Got you.

You seem to be in finer spirits today.

Thats a good thing.;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I think you did right thing for the woman. if I was in that situation I would like someone to point it, however I would be very difficult for me not to realize that my boob was trying to escape :)

I think the driver's story is funny as hell. I would have laughed my ass off. I would ask him questions such as how long did it take you to realize ? Did you speak Spanish to people ? Didn't you say to yourself that these "boricuas" were much darker than you thought ?? You will hate Soca till the day you die !! Next time bring a GPS !! jajajjajaja

If he laughs about it too where is the harm ??

Then, on subject of finding a gringa ??? Pero donde vas a encontrar una gringa mas fea que tu ??? jajajajajaja

I would have spent the best afternoon in a long time. Dominican have a great sense of humor and can laugh at themselves if it is funny.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
"i'm a doctor, you need to cover up here" .......as a medical opinion it carries no guilt, remorse, shame, you might volunteer a complete exam as proof of your legitimate concern for her well-being.................

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
You're a good man, AZB! I would hope to have done exactly the same thing in that situation.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Oh boy.

What you have done in my situation.

I was on the tread mill the other day. A young lady was on a tread mill in front of me. I was on for about 45 minutes and her as well. After the 45 minutes when I was cooling down, I noticed that her shorts were all of a sudden stained with what I presumed her monthly cycle. I could not raise the courage to tell her or anyone else because were all looking at each other in shock. The two persons next to me noticed also. She stopped using the tread mill and proceeded to the weights w/o noticing herself and no one went to tell her.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

30938mh.gif

Aftab?s Encounters of the "T" Kind!

I would have extended a helping hand!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You should have told her BB to prevent her from embarrassing herself any further.
I would but then again I am a woman, but we are adults.

Reactions: Bronxboy

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Oh boy.

What you have done in my situation.

I was on the tread mill the other day. A young lady was on a tread mill in front of me. I was on for about 45 minutes and her as well. After the 45 minutes when I was cooling down, I noticed that her shorts were all of a sudden stained with what I presumed her monthly cycle. I could not raise the courage to tell her or anyone else because were all looking at each other in shock. The two persons next to me noticed also. She stopped using the tread mill and proceeded to the weights w/o noticing herself and no one went to tell her.

Exactly what happened to me in my yoga class two weeks ago? I applied my previous post?
You apply customer service 101? Look into the persons eyes, then quickly point your finger at where the problem is on yourself. Then look back at them and simply say, ?you have a problem here?, or usted tiene un problema aqu?!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
AZB

Don't feel bad, they are not ridiculing him, they are just laughing at his misadventures, it is tricky to understand it if you're not Dominican. That's why he was laughing, if they were ridiculing him in a mean way be 100% that guy would have been ofended and may even try to punch some mouths there.

Another one of the tricky "only for Dominicans" stuff in the DR, it is not mean intended even though it may appear like that to a foreigner.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
The guy across the road from me just paid a NY Dominican to marry his ugly daughter, sooner or later the whole family, lots of people, will move to St Nick. Ave.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The guy across the road from me just paid a NY Dominican to marry his ugly daughter, sooner or later the whole family, lots of people, will move to St Nick. Ave.

I don't quite follow your train of thought from an exposed boobie in the gym to your neighbor's daughter?

Please enlighten a fellow.