Bringing lemons next week!!!!

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
Hi Mike,

I am planning a short visit to the Cabarete area next week the 22nd to the 25th and thought I would bring those lemons you so desire.

I don't know how to contact you and don't want to post my information here so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

I can certainly meet you at the Irish bar on the beach or leave them with your favorite bartender.

Scooter

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hi Mike,

I am planning a short visit to the Cabarete area next week the 22nd to the 25th and thought I would bring those lemons you so desire.

I don't know how to contact you and don't want to post my information here so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

I can certainly meet you at the Irish bar on the beach or leave them with your favorite bartender.

Scooter

Hi Scooter.

Thanks please call me at 829 729 2959 when you arrive and I will meet you at the Irish Bar.

Thanks,

Again

Last edited by a moderator:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You could meet him at the local jail for importing fruit/vegetables

They may or may not serve your beer there

WW

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
And all it takes is one rotten apple to spoil the bunch - a-hoe

I have done this several times without incident.

I am sure you did not announce the exact date and airport on the WWW to your closest friends in aduana the last time.

Reactions: mike l

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
I will be bringing down school supplies for the locals and I figure I put them in with the calculators and pencils.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What type of spray is there for you as you seem to be the bug in this ointment

As a matter of fact... I just bought the 4 meter range spray cans of hornet/wasp spray today............. so feel free to get a sample :chinese:
That will rid us of bugs

I hope you get the lemons
I hope the trafficer doesn't get arrested

i hope you enjoy the veal meal

Not interfering,,,,, just observing

What was that movies about Diamonds ??
Smuggling, jail, death... The star from Titanic

Blood Diamond !! Got it.... slow tonite

WW

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
I have been going to the DR for many, many years and arrived at several different airports. I have never, ever had anyone open one of my bags and I go with as much as they will let me carry.

Maybe they will open them this time. Who knows? I can't imagine I will go to jail for bringing in a couple of lemons. Ok maybe a dozen.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have been going to the DR for many, many years and arrived at several different airports. I have never, ever had anyone open one of my bags and I go with as much as they will let me carry.

Maybe they will open them this time. Who knows? I can't imagine I will go to jail for bringing in a couple of lemons. Ok maybe a dozen.

Worst case scenario is they will take them but they won't.

A dozen would be great but a couple is not worth it as I am paying for them and treating you to free drinks

Now that you have my email address I am asking the mods to remove it as I will get more spam now than ever before ...my mistake.

For some reason I cannot send you a PM

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
I have all of your info. Delete anytime. This is the first time I will be having a cocktail with anyone from this board. We talk to each other or read about each other for years and never know really who each other is.

It will be nice to have a toast...

See you next week.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have all of your info. Delete anytime. This is the first time I will be having a cocktail with anyone from this board. We talk to each other or read about each other for years and never know really who each other is.

It will be nice to have a toast...

See you next week.

The powers that be have honored my request so I will see you next week!

Weather should be great, and there is nothing liking sipping on a nice vodka tonic with real lemon in the tropics.

Of course you might prefer a drink served in a fresh Pineapple or in a Coconut

Your choice ...Your Holiday so Enjoy !!!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Why do you have to have lemons imported? I know of a finca in Sabaneta who has a couple of trees, which grow lemons and not limes?

The owner will gladly sell you a bunch...

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008

I come through Punta Cana every 6-8 weeks and they check my bags almost every time. I suppose it's because I don't look like a tourist. Maybe I should wear bermuda shorts and a hawaiian shirt when I travel.

I wanted to fix my partner a nice dinner when I came home one time so I tried bringing in some awesome USDA Prime beef tenderloin, fresh asparagus, and baking potatoes. (Picked it up at Wegman's in Northern Virginia. If you've never been to a Wegman's you are truly missing out). They took the veggies but let me keep the beef. I'm glad they don't know what good beef is all about down here cuz if he had any idea what he was holding in his hands he would have taken that as well.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
BREAKING NEWS....The pop airport, along with the local authorities have put out a special A.P.B on a bag of lemons...

Are you serious Webster? Jail, for a few lemons?:ermm:

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
This is going to be an exciting trip. I feel like a covert operative. If I can make it past the dogs in the airports, i have it made.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Have you ever seen Midnight Express Scooter... I can see you know at the airport, being thrown to the ground as your lemons roll around the floor ...

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
LOL! People on this board crack me the hell up! Did I go through a different customs than you? Those officials couldn't get us through fast enough...didn't even dream of checking our bags. I highly doubt they're so dedicated to stopping the smuggling in of fruits that they're patrolling DR1 for potential citrus movers. Quite frankly I could have brought in an ounce of weed and they'd never have noticed. Not suggesting people smuggle in drugs...just saying....Aduana at POP is a joke. You won't have a problem with a bag of freaking lemons.