Where do I go for a vaccine in Santo Domingo?

amy111

Jun 14, 2010
I need the final dose of my Twinrix for Hep A & B. Where do I go? To a regular doctor or a clinic? Any specific recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's a very good public vaccination centre near Plaza de la Salud. Sorry I can't provide more specific directions but if you ask a local friend they may well know.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
The place you need is next to the Palacio de Bellas Artes en Gazcue. I don't remember the name but is the medical centre directly opposite.

They provide all the injections you could need, and the state sponsored ones are free. They're almost always empty and tend to be quite nice.

They'll always "upsell" the full package which includes the ones they want cash for but at least its a one place for all.

If you need more specific directions send me a message. We've been every two months for the last year with our baby and seem to know their stuff.

amy111

Jun 14, 2010
I went today -- the clinic is what I would call behind the Palacio de Bellas Artes -- not on Maximo Gomez. The initials on the sign were GMA -- very easy to find the immunization department once you went inside and asked. Unfortunately, they did not have the combined Hepatitis A & B (twinrix) that I needed, just separate A & B. They also didn't have any suggestions on where else to go. So, I will probably just wait for my final dosage when I go to the US for the holidays or look for the one near the Plaza de la Salud.