Good gunsmith in santiago??

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I know one on ave. Texs about halfway between la B Colon and Ave 27 near the casoni. Don't expect them to be cheap though. It would most certainly be cheaper to order the part in the States than anybody here do something.

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
Is there a call for a gunsmith in or around the north coast. I live in Sosua when I'm not working. I am a gunsmith/armorer as well as a firearms and driving instructor. Let me know, I may be able to help you with your problem via e-mail. Later.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The title says it all! Anyone know of anygood gunsmiths in santiago?
djuno718, the title might say it all, but, are you looking for repair or perhaps having the gun plated?

Those that plate the guns usually have a separate business, had mine done once.

Chip mentions one on the former Ave. Texas, but is it really a gunsmith, or just an outlet store selling guns and ammunition?

I have been in there once, but was just looking to buy.

Is there a call for a gunsmith in or around the north coast. I live in Sosua when I'm not working. I am a gunsmith/armorer as well as a firearms and driving instructor. Let me know, I may be able to help you with your problem via e-mail. Later.
Now that statement is truly Dominican related!
1z1s0wl.gif
lol

2a5jfw9.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: mike l and Lucille

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think we know one. Depends on what you need done. Send me a PM if you want to continue.

HB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
correct,
it all depends what you need to have done to your firearm.
while no customs detects some replacement springs etc in a friend's luggage,
in gerneral the Import of any spare parts for firearms is prohibited since august 2006, so for many parts you will not be able to get them sent from the much cheaper USA, you need somebody here who fabricates them.
and for many parts you would import for a much cheaper price you still would need somebody here to mount/change the pieces, if you did not buy them at his Shop his "mano de Obra" will not be cheap neither.
what kinda maintenance you need to get done?
Mike

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I use to build, repair and tune my hunting and competition guns in the US.
I'm pretty proficient with 1911 Colt based pistols and Glocks - I used them in the SSI category on IDPA and GSSC, so with those I might be able to help you, however I don't have experience with wheel guns.
What gun and what kind of a problem do you have?

The Hun

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
I need a repair made

Actually mike the law prohibits any parts from the "lower" or better yet any parts that contain serial numbers! I have checked this law with my current smith which is active major general in the PN hes a good smith, is familiar with the design of my carry weapon(hipower) but unfortunately he has hs son do all the work, and his son isnt patient!!!! When i first bought to him i had all my parts replaced with stuff i bouyht back in the us including a c&s wide safety which is over filled so the smith would hage to dress it down in order for it to fit! Unfortunately his son took to much off of it and now i need it built up and filed again again because it is allowing sear movement! During my routime 1911 safety check i noticed a click sound when cocked and locked and trigger pulled (which is the same problem it was having before i had the safety changed) i have all my own parts i just need that problem fixed i need the safety built up and filed to perfection as to not allow sear movement that is all i dont wanna take it to him so i can be in the same position again as i feel i changed this safety a little over a year ago! I shouldnt be having this problem so soon

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't remember the name of the place but the most famous gunsmith in Santiago is located at Calle Independencia (Parte alta) a few meters from "El Monumento"

JJ

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
Isnt that the ameria of the poligono heptagono? Lol japanese guy is always sendi g me there to buy new mags lol itz right down the block from the ayuntamiento correct?? About a block from the elevado?

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
Do any of them do sight installations??? I had some hiviz sights installed and my smith did a **** poor job, making the dovetail bigger than the sight!!! Now ive lost my front sight after my first range trip since the job and my rear sight is as loose as a sizee 10 shoe on a 81/2 size foot!!!!!! Si im guessing now the rear sight would have to be soldered. Into place and a brand new front sight installed as well :'(