Llegu? sin problemas.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I arrived to live in the DR just over a year ago. A few days after my arrival I received the above message on my (Orange) cellphone. Misspelled and incorrectly capitalized just as entered.

I then assumed it was some acquaintance enquiring about my safe arrival but I have been receiving the exact same message on and off for a year, at least fifty times in all.

Does anyone know what it is? Does anyone else receive it, or just me?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Strange - the sender probably meant to say "Llegu? sin problemas" (I arrived OK) but the phone didn't recognize the accent. Sometimes it happens - messages get sent dozens of times by mistake.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Are Being WATCHED !!

:alien::alien::alien::alien:Probably by "ALIENS"!!
I suggest you answer the message with the following response:
"LLeve me a su Lider"
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

PS,be sure to check under your bed at night!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
did it ever occur to ya to check
"Who Sent You the Message???"
on your great Orange phone shold be shown where the message came from, Name/Phonenumber of the Sender.
Maybe it is Mom who wanna know if ya finally managed to get a working Phone in the Jungle, lol.

Hey,
no Comments about My Capitalizations please,
I am a Capitalist Myself and Capitalize in my own personal way.

if the message bothers and you don't wanna know who sent it,
just block the Sender and all will be just fine.

cheers
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
How do you block a caller? There's a man who calls me from Italy every few days but I can't find a way of blocking him. Initially he misdialled - probably trying to phone some loquita he met online - and took a fancy to me based on my voice. :rolleyes:
I just saved his number under "Idiot" so I know to reject the call. But more creative suggestions are welcomed.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
menu, call log, call manager, reject list, options, add

At least that is on a samsung.

matilda

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mine's a Nokia, have gone through all options and looked through the manual but nothing. :(

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Bring me a bottle of Averna when you're next over from Italy and it's a deal.

he he
great answer.
Chiri, i assume his number shows up on your display, right?
next time you are at the Claro office in Veron to pay your Bill let them know that you want that number to be blocked, If they want they can do it right away on the 'puter there.
or you should just brush up a bit on your Italian to understand that the poor Guys simply asks for your shipping Address to send that whole box of Averna Bottles on their Way to you, lol.
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Orange, Mike. Claro/Codetel don't exist in my happy little world. :)

Mr Milano speaks quite good Spanish so no need to draw on my rich knowledge of Italian insults.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Sometimes it happens - messages get sent dozens of times by mistake.
This is really what I was asking. Can text-messages be sent automatically? (In which case someone has forgotten to "switch off" the facility for the past year).