Unibe vs pucmm vs unphu

LIZ87

Sep 7, 2010
Hello All,

I have been thinking of attending school in Dominican Republic. I am not sure if I am going to go for Medical or Psychology.

I would like what would be the best school for either of those majors? What are the benefits? Do any of them teach in English? If you may provide, the pros and cons of each. Which one is the most tuition?

I am a US citizen but I am Dominican. I have family in Santo Domingo so living wouldn't be an issue. I was also told that being that my family was born there that I would go to school as a Dominican citizen, which is a good benefit for tuition causes.

I need all the information possible... Thank You.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
UNIBE teaches in English
PUCMM does not
I do not think that UNPHU does either.

PUCMM will be opening up the Medicine option in Santo Domingo this year or early next.

HB

E

engineerfg

One of the benefits of Unibe from what I understand is that after highschool in the states you can study medicine right away, and then spend a few years on the back-end becoming certified to work in the states. IN other words, you save on that whole undergrad waste of time.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
One of the benefits of Unibe from what I understand is that after highschool in the states you can study medicine right away, and then spend a few years on the back-end becoming certified to work in the states. IN other words, you save on that whole undergrad waste of time.

Not to mention the whole lot you save on costs.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not quite.

What these programs do have is that they are pretty hands on from the get-go. Students are in public hospitals in different capacities from their third or fourth semester.

Most of the time, they are well versed in the everyday medical crisis of life in a tropical, poor country by the time they graduate. PUCMM was quite innovative in this back when it started medicine in the 1970s. Others have followed.

All graduates really need to do residences in order to specialize in a field of medicine. Ob-Gyn, ENT, Ortho, Surgery of different sorts, etc. There are many residence programs both here and abroad that are available to graduates of the better programs.

HB

Roshe!

Nov 30, 2008
passion.sitesell.com
fyi

La unphu has medicine in English but it's at the infancy stage.They are trying to grow up to host international students ,deliver top-quality services and have classess in English

I hear from a friend that some African and Malaysian students have been admitted so they take Spanish classess only this semester and start the basic sciences in English Jan next yr.