Rental

penngrad

Sep 16, 2010
Have been to DR 4 times. Would like to rent a house for someone that lives in Consuelo now. When I visited them I saw they lived in a one cinder block room. Very depressing. Any suggestions.

penngrad

Sep 16, 2010
Just someone I would like to help. Why do you ask? Just wanted some info on some houses and what it would cost.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Just someone I would like to help. Why do you ask? Just wanted some info on some houses and what it would cost.

Because if she has your child then people may suggest something alternative to what they might for pedro the pig farmer.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Penngrad, welcome to the wanna-save-a ho club..membership is free, but it ends up costing you a great deal of money...

But seriously dude, just remember that she survived before you, and will after you..

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Penngrad, welcome to the wanna-save-a ho club..membership is free, but it ends up costing you a great deal of money...

But seriously dude, just remember that she survived before you, and will after you..

I didn't have the heart, seems you had no problem though, lol.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
A couple of hundred bucks per month for somewhere that would be a dream house for someone living in a cinder-block 1 room shack in Consuelo.
Another 25 for leccy although you will be the only one paying for leccy.

Think about this carefully - RSG might seem a little harsh but his point is valid.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
A couple of hundred bucks per month for somewhere that would be a dream house for someone living in a cinder-block 1 room shack in Consuelo.
Another 25 for leccy although you will be the only one paying for leccy.

Think about this carefully - RSG might seem a little harsh but his point is valid.

Like pedro said, think hard, you can't give her this place and then take it away again when you find out you aren't the only guest she has in what you will feel is your house, and if you give her more space, she will have others around or even living there, and heavens forbid her other boyfriend while you are not there. It could end up being a very painful lesson.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Think twice

Forget it. Your idea of help sounds good but it is wraught with all types of beartraps and loopholes. If you want to help this person, then say a prayer or something because you ll get more out of it.

You get HER this apartment and then you ll be expected to provide the funding for all the amenities, light, water, cable and internet. And to pay the rent continuously and then the ploy for food and furnishings.

Seriously, you are going to have to look to establish relationships with people who are more successful. Because just as you think you are giving her a "helping hand" she is sitting there wishing that someone would give her a "helping hand". And it sounds altruistic but this has been a place where you discover that the "beggar can be a chooser". And what you offer which clearly is better than what she has/had, she will tell you she finds unacceptable or intolerable.

A Helping hand to you is "to make whats bad good". To her it is "to change everything to the way I want it to be".

Dont believe me? You ll see. Ask around...am I wrong?

Reactions: woofsback

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
no matter how much you spend
you just can't buy love

ev1 thinks that if they buy thiis and buy that, the girls/guys are gonna think they are the greatest and fall iin love with them...unfortunately this tune is played on a DAILY basis in the dr.

when you realize that your pocket book is much lighter and yet you are no further ahead than you are now...then the lesson will make sense to you

penngrad

Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for the advice. Not that I haven't heard this from others. Just seems the cost to do is so small. Will probably follow your advice.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
o.k. Penngrad, i bashed you in my reply..but i dont know your situation, as others dont either..Is this chica your girl? are you in a ralationship with her?

penngrad

Sep 16, 2010
I guess she is my chica for what's it worth. I am not naive to the situation. I don't know what she is doing when I am not there nor do I dwell on it. When I do go we hook-up and have a good time while I am there. It is what it is.

Reactions: RacerX

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
good. so dont bother getting her an apartment. she wouldnt know what to do with it and you wont be with her long enough to enjoy it. Just stick to your rock n roll routine and no need to invest more money or "hopes" on that one. You can get gifts for her but make them modest and practical, after all who needs a 42" plasma in a one room shack? And keep a bag on your tally-wacker. She gets pregnant and then all the glory is gone.

Reactions: Bronxboy