Cheapest Days to Fly?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Gotta go to the states, this time to the NYC/Philly area. Haven't flown there from the DR before.

Before planning the trip, any idea what the cheapest days to fly are? Any stats out there?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I believe it's midweek. However, Jetblue, AA and Continental have features on their website that allow you to check the fares over rougly a week period.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tue, Wed, Thu. Then again, flights back and from the DR are usually pretty busy, so you might not save a lot. Best to uses the booking engines that allow you to see +/_ 3 days etc.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tue, Wed, Thu. Then again, flights back and from the DR are usually pretty busy, so you might not save a lot. Best to uses the booking engines that allow you to see +/_ 3 days etc.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Usually mid-week. Philly is much more expensive than JFK/EWR/ACY.

Atlantic City airport is about 40 minutes from Philly, only served by Spirit. Newark is about 1.5 hours away from Philly - Continental, AA, Jet Blue. JFK much further, all the airlines.

Most airlines will let you see the cost online for each flight segment for 3 days before and 3 days after a date you enter.

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Try midweek w./ the +/- 3 day route

Going into Newark has a train to Phila right from the airport.
In fact, you can book it w./ your ticket

I think Contin. still has a special going on..... less than $400 RT

I usually pay less than $400 from EWR....There is a good USAir to Philly from SDQ in the mid-late afternoon.
The return is later at nite into SDQ... not too good.

Let me know if I can help.

I also find that booking a "vacation"... fly/hotel... is cheaper if you need the hotel portion

WW

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Gotta go to the states, this time to the NYC/Philly area. Haven't flown there from the DR before.

Before planning the trip, any idea what the cheapest days to fly are? Any stats out there?
There are four major airports so best to take into consideration where in the NYC/Philly area you need to go. Fly into the wrong airport and any savings on the ticket will be lost in taxi fares.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Huge help, thanks!:classic:

Another question: who has the best deals on rental cars, which airport? We can go to any of them as we have bizniz in S. Jersey, Philly, WH and LI.

I'd be loooking at the "total package" flights and car (midsize at a minimum, I'm a large human...)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Huge help, thanks!:classic:

Another question: who has the best deals on rental cars, which airport? We can go to any of them as we have bizniz in S. Jersey, Philly, WH and LI.

I'd be loooking at the "total package" flights and car (midsize at a minimum, I'm a large human...)

New York airports are notoriously expensive for car rentals. If you use Philly or AC check out Enterprise Rent-A-Car. That's who we always use, and they allow you to take the vehicle to any adjoining state at no extra charge.

AE

Reactions: cobraboy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Your longest travel is about 2 hours..+/-

You may find the JetBlue et al , NYC flights a bit cheaper but CO usually holds its own
Its a crapshoot.....

As DR1 Bob would say "use the search function, its your friend":cheeky:

WW

Reactions: cobraboy