Ocean world ticket cost for dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009

seems day passes for foreigners are $ 55.
anyone knows if locals get a lower rate?
can't find this info on ocean world's website.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
This vast price descrepancy is shady I know its the DR and they gave Dominicans a backyard discount but foreigners shell in more money there than Dominicans!!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This vast price descrepancy is shady I know its the DR and they gave Dominicans a backyard discount but foreigners shell in more money there than Dominicans!!!
And?????

Giving locals a discount is nothing new and I think it is the right thing to do. You are as bad as the guy complaining over a few pesos at the zoo.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
And?????

Giving locals a discount is nothing new and I think it is the right thing to do. You are as bad as the guy complaining over a few pesos at the zoo.

Pay attention to the words " vast discrepancy " its not uncommon to be a difference for the hometown resident just that its vast in this case given that the majority of patrons are foreigners and dominicans from abroad.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Pay attention to the words " vast discrepancy " its not uncommon to be a difference for the hometown resident just that its vast in this case given that the majority of patrons are foreigners and dominicans from abroad.
I paid attention, so what?

The zoo charges 100 pesos for a local and $10USD for a foreigner so it seems to be the norm in the DR. I am quite sure anyone that can afford a plane ticket can pay $55 much easier than a local can pay 999 pesos. So I still think it is fair.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I paid attention, so what?

The zoo charges 100 pesos for a local and $10USD for a foreigner so it seems to be the norm in the DR. I am quite sure anyone that can afford a plane ticket can pay $55 much easier than a local can pay 999 pesos. So I still think it is fair.

BB,
I assume you pay the local price as a resident , so puhleaseeeeee spare us the rhetoric purely for the sake of disagreeing.

Charging tourists at the zoo more than 3X the local price is total horse$hit, at least you get a ham and cheese sandwich at Ocean World for the tourist price.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Its RD$999 and includes lunch (choice of hamburger, pizza, salad, etc).

Cedula required at check-in.

Do you serve American BEEF Burgers?

This is important as my Sister's children are coming here this winter and they don't care for 3rd world Beef as they are from Alberta.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
And?????

I wrote the 'My Zoo Experience' thread and as far as I can remember I didn't complain about entrance prices, I paid 100 pesos for me and my lass and our daughter got in free, and I found it to be very cheap. I wasn't happy at getting charged again once in the zoo as it leaves you with few options, it isn't the cost, its the BS way about charging that cost.
Anyway, wanted to set you straight on that one, if you are commenting on another guy then excuse my interference in this thread!

Slight diversion, back on track=====================

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

This is important as my Sister's children are coming here this winter and they don't care for 3rd world Beef as they are from Alberta.

I am sure Conchman only serves imported Argentinian ground filet mignon on freshly baked Moser buns for VIP clients such as yourself PC!

;)

Reactions: mike l

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I wrote the 'My Zoo Experience' thread and as far as I can remember I didn't complain about entrance prices, I paid 100 pesos for me and my lass and our daughter got in free, and I found it to be very cheap. I wasn't happy at getting charged again once in the zoo as it leaves you with few options, it isn't the cost, its the BS way about charging that cost.
Anyway, wanted to set you straight on that one, if you are commenting on another guy then excuse my interference in this thread!

Slight diversion, back on track=====================
No, it was not you it was the other poster in your thread.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

t9fcd4.gif

Discounts for residents?
That?s B.S.

I?m outa here!

Opsss, just a minute, here?s my residency card!

Teleferrico also gives a lower entrance fee for residents.

I agree with residents getting better prices, as many can not afford the regular prices.

Residents will often visit more one time, with tourists it?s usually a one time affair.

Residents will also sometimes bring their visiting friends to see the place.
I have been to Teleferrico many times, mainly because I take visiting friends there. For myself only, I would not keep returning, so I appreciate the discount so I can take my visiting friends there to enjoy the place also.

I know in the past Jamaica only charged Jamaicans half price at resorts.

The price breaks are a normal thing, residents are often repeat business.

_______
5xvrds.gif
_______
SantiagoDR

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbird

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Why not have a different price range? The business mentality is the foreigner has the deep pockets and can afford to pay the entry price, so take advantage of the situation. The tourist will pay. A Dominican will not pay tourist prices, end of story.

Reactions: Lucille and bigbird

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009

they shell more because they can afford more

i guess you would prefer the locals to have ABSOLUTELY no access due to the fact they have no funds to spend on the EXTRA treats in life such as you do....very generous of you...enjoy your stay :)

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
This is not just a DR thing. When I lived in Hawaii, they had what they called the "Kama'aina Discount" aka, resident pricing on pretty much EVERYTHING....restaurants, surfboard/kayak rentals, hotels, etc. And no, not at ALL restaurants, just some of the more local joints.

They do that because Hawaii is a ridiculously expensive island chain due to tourism, and cost of living has gone through the roof, like in most beach destinations. Kama'aina pricing does help make it so that people whose families have lived on the islands for generations can still afford to live there even with the ridiculous housing costs.

Reactions: bigbird

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Tourists and foreigners pay the maximum fee for entrance in any place around the world.
In Galapagos Islands we pay US$100.00 dollars for the tourist card versus $US6.00 dollars for natives or colonos....
and so on...It is typical everywhere not just in DR....(native pay less)
No matter who you are, just go to Ocean Word and enjoy it ....It is one of the best places in Dominican Republic that deserves more than one visit....
Specially OMG to swim with the dolphins...

Ocean World is PRICELESS....;)

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

Miki: For you anything....lol...lol....
Imported lemons, limes, oranges and of course the best beef......;)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Specially OMG to swim with the dolphins...

Hey Lucy, I can't speak for the other men here, but I would much prefer swimming with the beautiful women that train them.
Dolphins just don't have the curves in the right places.

Status
Not open for further replies.