Satellite TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Looking for a nfusion dealer or some one dealing in satellite receivers. Would like one on the north coast but will take information on any in the DR

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Dolfi in Sosua is the man for this. Speaks perfect English also.

809 224-3111 And Yes I have his permission to post his phone number.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Solaris / Phoenix + www

Looking for a nfusion dealer or some one dealing in satellite receivers. Would like one on the north coast but will take information on any in the DR
Nfusion is a good choice as they can be hooked up to the internet... ;)
I have several (Solaris and Phoenix) and may be able to help you out.

donP

Reactions: mike l

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have nfusion receiver but did not use it since they went out of air for several months last year. are you telling me they are back on?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
There is a way.

i have nfusion receiver but did not use it since they went out of air for several months last year. are you telling me they are back on?
Some (not all) receivers still work (= unscramble) with the help of a public or private server and so need to be connected to the internet for continuous data updates (via a 'dongle' or an ethernet RJ45 cable).
I sent you a message.

donP

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Be careful with this guys. I am a Moderator on a huge fta site, so know well the ins and outs with these fta receivers. nFusion were prosecuted and received a hefty fine from Dish Network. Others have set it up again but through a private server. We do not recommend to our members to use private servers, but I don't think those rules would apply here. ;) DN have traced and prosecuted some folk that use private servers.

The most reliable boxes would be either the Satzens or the Limesats. I think the LS are the ones for the future and they have 4 more new boxes coming out, one of which is very exciting news, the spec is very interesting, but I promised I would not disclose until the official release.

Dolphy is very expensive, I do not consider this fta. It is set up on a card sharing basis from the U.S. NAG3 which blocked all receivers, has been cracked but is not on open release in the US or Canada, it is underground there.

Your best be would bet to go with Delancer, he charges me US.$166 per year and I think his service is very good, I have over 300 channels on an unmarked box, which is fta, no card slot. I know how he and Dolphy are doing it, but I gave my word I would not disclose the info. They know what I do on the fta site.

The future for fta is "Latinoland". DN know what is happening there and have tried to "get in" to those latino countries, but have been stopped by Carlos Slim, including here in the DR.

If you want further info on any fta receivers and the latest updates you can go to aaafta.com

Reactions: mike l

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Mod

I have over 300 channels on an unmarked box, which is fta, no card slot.

A receiver which is not 'fixed' only gets true FTA (unscrambled) channels.
If your dish is aligned to 110 and 119 sats you would get maybe 5 free channels, all advertising channels of DN.

If you get 300 channels your receiver is programmed for a private server and the trick is done via card sharing.... the thing you warned about so much... :tired:
(The receiver does not need to have a card slot in order to work on IKS/Card Sharing.)

donP

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
2pqw209.gif

NFusion is working via nFusion servers, and working VERY good.
Nano2 is also working via CNX servers and working good, some freezing.

Both are using "Public" servers via Ethernet connection.

DV8, your nFusion should be working again as before with hundreds of channels, you may need to load the latest software.

Ladybird, time to update your information, as a moderator you should know about the above two boxes working, without a private server.

Also Ladybird, stop using Claro DNS servers, you will have much better Internet surfing and less blocked sites.

5xvrds.gif
Don

Reactions: mike l and Bronxboy

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Member

Ladybird, time to update your information, as a moderator you should know about the above two boxes working, without a private server.

IMO she is using a private server via Delancer's costly :classic: service (and not knowing or denying it).
Quite strange, as she is also a member of a forum which propagates a private server... :cheeky:

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
donP, santiagoDR - thanks for update. we had sky installed some time but i missed nfusion. i will tell miesposo to download the software and connect it again. why not benefit from two cable programs? :)

waverider

Sep 4, 2010
Viewsat

Will the Viewsat work anymore with Private Servers? If not what is the recomendation? Last year I had no TV, not willing to keep paying out good money when I had a large dish and the Viewsat,,,,, Can Dolphia fix with the Viewsat or will I have to buy a new unit? What is the going cost?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Will the Viewsat work anymore with Private Servers? If not what is the recomendation? Last year I had no TV, not willing to keep paying out good money when I had a large dish and the Viewsat,,,,, Can Dolphia fix with the Viewsat or will I have to buy a new unit? What is the going cost?

Just call him and ask. He speaks English the same as you, or Spanish if that is the case.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Fta

Will the Viewsat work anymore with Private Servers? If not what is the recomendation?
Unfortunately the Viewsat receivers have become pretty useless.
Others (Nfusion, SonicView, Captiveworks) work well with private servers (the latter two brands need a dongle for that).
I shall sent you a message.

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dongle test

The Dongle for a Viewsat is called a Weather Forecaster. I have no idea how well it works, but it costs almost as much as a new SD box from other vendors.

I bought one (about 40$) recently in order to reactivate my CW700s and CW800s.
The CaptiveWorks receivers are good even for weak signals, so I am going to give it a try.

donP

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Dolfi in Sosua is the man for this. Speaks perfect English also.

809 224-3111 And Yes I have his permission to post his phone number.

Does anyone know where he is? I've been trying to call him for the last couple of weeks, but his phone is switched off.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
CW are working good with the new dongle.

You do not need to buy a weather forecaster for the viewsats. Read this

Code:
http://www.aaafta.com/forum/viewsat-ultra-vs-2000-help/25457-your-viewsat-may-work-without-buying-weather-forecaster.html

As I said before you use private servers for things like nfusion at your own risk. Now many are complaining they are not receiving the codes they have paid for and cannot get any response from NFPS by phone, pm or email.

The Limesats, and Satzens are still the most reliable and have the best support.
SV is up and down, with both the iHubs and the Newlink.

If you want reviews on receivers check out all the posts on here

Code:
http://www.aaafta.com/forum/general-receiver-discussions-help/

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
last night i figured out that we are watching only "top gear". weekdays at 1pm and sundays at 10pm. so, basically, we use cable for a total of six hours a week. time to reconsider this, no?
does nfusion have bbc america/entertainment?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
last night i figured out that we are watching only "top gear". weekdays at 1pm and sundays at 10pm. so, basically, we use cable for a total of six hours a week. time to reconsider this, no?
does nfusion have bbc america/entertainment?

Channel 37 BBCA Watching it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.