Package

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Guy in the states wants to send me a package. I live in Sosua. What is the best way to send it direct so I can pick it up? Can it be sent to the Western Union Office? If so does anyone know the actual address for the WU office? Any other suggestions?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The answer is NO. You need to find someone with an account with one of the mail forwarders.

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
You can send something via US mail to any adress in the DR...it will be delivered via AeroDom, the Dominican Post Office....BUT it could take any where from 2 weeks to 6 months...if at all.

A few years ago I received 2 Christmas cards from England...one in April and one in May...Of the following year...

As mentioned above use a mail forwarder like EPS, BusinessMail, VimenPak (which is western union),etc. I just received a package yesterday in Cabarete that arrived at the eps office in Miami on Monday...that is 2 days..total cost: 187 pesos...package was less than one pound.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I sent a small package to a DR1er in Sosua last month using USPS Priority Mail, and it got there in about 10-12 days. It fit in a Flat Rate Envelope [provided by the post office] and cost about $13 to mail.

Earlier this year I sent a small tyvek envelope to an address in Santo Domingo, and it, too, arrived in just over a week.

Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised with the delivery both times.

AE