sosua nightlife

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
last night as i was sitting at el flow with my bf and some friends, i couldnt help but notice this young girl sitting with an old old man. i see it a million times, but this time she really caught my eye. not once did this girl smile ... in fact, she had such a sad, distraught look to her that it made me sad! he was all over her and it looked like she just wanted out ... after sitting there for about an hour, they got up and left... it grosses me out. prostitution happens, i know and thats not the part that really gets me ... it's these girls that look like they would rather eat **** than go with these nasty ass men. money or no money, i think they need to realize that they are worth more than that. it looks like a game to some and its just another night out with some nookie at the end and extra cash in their pocket but the others is what makes me cringe.

what really made me want to write this was i also saw a girl who couldnt have been more than 9 years old. it really disgusted me. and the police kept driving by like usual and i know they saw her. i've seen a woman dragging around her 5 year old son begging for money late at night, pregnant girls drinking/smoking/looking for a gringo, girls maybe 15+ but never this young. are there no laws to protect these young girls?

Reactions: mike l

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yes, there are very strict laws and if a guy is caught with an under age girl he will have a bid time. Most are aware of this and so keep well away, even if they are sick in the head. As far as the girls needing to know they are better than that, most do, but after a few years of selling your soul I guess making it a game is the best way of dealing with it. It is easy to say things coming from a country that has responsibility for you in social funding etc, but take that away and I know many freeloading fat ass gals back in the uk would be making a similar living outside bingo every Thursday. As for police doing nothing? That is sosua, they are the biggest problem in that town.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
What nightlife?

With Politur picking up the girls, Sosua is heading for disaster. Without the ladies; bars, restaurants, colmados, salons, cafeterias, motoconchos, boutiques etc. will soon be forced to close. The girls probably do more for the economy than any other business in Sosua. Save our girls.

Reactions: badpiece33

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
With Politur picking up the girls, Sosua is heading for disaster. Without the ladies; bars, restaurants, colmados, salons, cafeterias, motoconchos, boutiques etc. will soon be forced to close. The girls probably do more for the economy than any other business in Sosua. Save our girls.

I dont think so.
without the whores, haitians beggin, and the 20-30 lowlifes expat that control the whores, drugs and haitians, Sosua would be a better town.
New people will come to town from POP, Santiago. decent ladies. decent expats. and business would do much better with wealthy dominicans and expats. than those trash who deal with minors and pros 24 hours a day.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
I dont think so.
without the whores, haitians beggin, and the 20-30 lowlifes expat that control the whores, drugs and haitians, Sosua would be a better town.
New people will come to town from POP, Santiago. decent ladies. decent expats. and business would do much better with wealthy dominicans and expats. than those trash who deal with minors and pros 24 hours a day.

definitely agree. 100%

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I disagree, sosua has a rep that will stick for life. Wealthy Dominicans will never go to sosua. I myself have had to start using POP rather than Sosua as my last place of residence due to the reaction I get from Dominicans when I mention I lived in Sosua, always the same reaction.
Sosua will always tick over because it has the best pro's in the country, I think without them it would struggle.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I disagree, sosua has a rep that will stick for life. Wealthy Dominicans will never go to sosua. I myself have had to start using POP rather than Sosua as my last place of residence due to the reaction I get from Dominicans when I mention I lived in Sosua, always the same reaction.
Sosua will always tick over because it has the best pro's in the country, I think without them it would struggle.

It?s true that Sosua have a very bad reputation for dominicans. but it could change with time., if they really want to change.
I am not talking about the very wealthy dominicans. but mediun and mediun high class dominican would visit the restaurants, bars or clubs just like we do in cabarete.
without that reputation, dominican would buy condos in Ocean Village, Infiniti blu, etc. and they would go for dinner at sosua?restaurants. as well as those good expats that live in some residential areas in Sosua.
The minister of tourism would do something in Sosua if he see that business really want a change.
Rich dominicans go to Boca Chica for dinner, and boca chica has worst reputation than sosua. the difference is in Boba Chica lowlife expats, tigueraje, whores, drug are totally separate from Boca Marina, El Pelicano, Neptuno.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Eddy is 100% correct. The girls are the country's #1 most important natural resource. They are the only reason foreign men come here, there's nothing else to keep them coming to this particular country.
Even about 85% of the remittences being sent here from Domincians abroad come from women, almost all of whom are in the sex industry in the countries they currently reside. People here should realize just how important and critical they are and what things would be like without them...then perhaps their status in society would improve for the better.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Eddy is 100% correct. The girls are the country's #1 most important natural resource. They are the only reason foreign men come here, there's nothing else to keep them coming to this particular country.
Even about 85% of the remittences being sent here from Domincians abroad come from women, almost all of whom are in the sex industry in the countries they currently reside. People here should realize just how important and critical they are and what things would be like without them...then perhaps their status in society would improve for the better.

Hahaha, that post made me laugh!
You sound like a whoremonger defending his hobby.

I suggest you actually look at the "real" numbers on remittences and visitors.
We have 10 years of archived news available, many stories on remittences, who's sending, how much, to who etc.

DR1 - 2010 News Archive

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It?s true that Sosua have a very bad reputation for dominicans. but it could change with time., if they really want to change.
I am not talking about the very wealthy dominicans. but mediun and mediun high class dominican would visit the restaurants, bars or clubs just like we do in cabarete.
without that reputation, dominican would buy condos in Ocean Village, Infiniti blu, etc. and they would go for dinner at sosua?restaurants. as well as those good expats that live in some residential areas in Sosua.
The minister of tourism would do something in Sosua if he see that business really want a change.
Rich dominicans go to Boca Chica for dinner, and boca chica has worst reputation than sosua. the difference is in Boba Chica lowlife expats, tigueraje, whores, drug are totally separate from Boca Marina, El Pelicano, Neptuno.

Unfortunaly most of Sosua's restaurants and bars are geared for the hooker trade. Let's face it, there are very few higher class establishments in Sosua. No all residents are lowlifes eather. Yes a lot of tourists come here for the girls. The only difference between Sosua and ALL other towns in the DR is that we don't try to hide it. Sosua is a sex destination. OK, I can live with that. They don't bother me nor my family. Most are respectfull and we have no problem with seeing them on the streets. There are marginal people everywhere. If we cleaned it up, what would the north coast have to offer. S.F.A. As far as Dominicans patronizing Sosua, give me a break. We see them come in a couple of times a year. They bring their own food, booze and spend next to nothing here. They spend their weekend driving around in their rented jeepetas poluting the town with noise and garbage. Basically don't spend a dime here. At least the hookers and their John's spend $$ at bars and restaurants, the girls spend their $$ at salons etc. Oh by the way, WTF is a minister of tourism. I don't even think he knows where Sosua is.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hahaha, that post made me laugh!
You sound like a whoremonger defending his hobby.

I suggest you actually look at the "real" numbers on remittences and visitors.
We have 10 years of archived news available, many stories on remittences, who's sending, how much, to who etc.

DR1 - 2010 News Archive

Hahaha. The remittance phenomenon in the DR was explored, charted and formulated ten years ago.

http://are.berkeley.edu/~sadoulet/papers/Migration7.pdf

This is what happens when engineers dabble in sociology.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Robert, you are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are wrong...

I stand by my statement because it is not an opinion, it can be proven in a court of law if need be beyond a reasonable doubt. The girls are the country's #1 resource, always before and always in the future. They should be treated and recognized as such.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
They chased the girls out of Sosua years ago and the town almost died. Eddy is 100% correct and probably has more experience in that neck of the woods than all you "experts" put together.
Quit trying to solve the countries problems( as an outsider you never will) and enjoy it for what it is....jeez.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Robert, you are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are wrong...

I stand by my statement because it is not an opinion, it can be proven in a court of law if need be beyond a reasonable doubt. The girls are the country's #1 resource, always before and always in the future. They should be treated and recognized as such.

{cough} say what??

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
I don't need to...you can simply read it again, that's what's great about the Internet! :squareeye

As for the "whoremongers" comment made earlier I unfortunately don't have the money to really partake in such activities...

And for those that do there is nothing to defend about 2 consenting adults engaging in whatever activities they so desire...whether it be of a sexual nature or simply a game of chess. It's nobody else's business...

Now please excuse me I'll be offline for a day or two because I must visit a sick friend. I simply wanted to point out that Eddy was correct earlier. Peace Out...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Now please excuse me I'll be offline for a day or two because I must visit a sick friend. I simply wanted to point out that Eddy was correct earlier. Peace Out...

We were talking about Sosua, not the entire country:cheeky:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
We were talking about Sosua, not the entire country:cheeky:
Name me one town in the DR that doesn't have a hooker bar (err. I mean Car Wash Bar). If you can't pick someone up there, I'll lick the soap off your hubcaps.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Name me one town in the DR that doesn't have a hooker bar (err. I mean Car Wash Bar). If you can't pick someone up there, I'll lick the soap off your hubcaps.

THIS is gonna be good!!! (sitting back ... reaching for a cold Presidente.):bunny:

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Since so much in Sosua and the DR is in cash, it's hard to track actual expenditures in town by men coming for the women... But my two visits to the area and research into the hotel industry gives me the opinion that a very large percentage of the money spent in town is from men traveling to the Sosua area for sex. I was observing where the hotels that do well and the ones that fold and downtown hotels seem to do relatively ok in comparison to hotels that are not within walking distance to the main bar area. The way to improve the situation would probably be to reserve some good land near town and offer special tax incentives to build a nice upper-end shopping district and a couple nice hotels. In St. Thomas they have done that along with a nice Marina... What would be catastrophic is to try to do away with the prostitutes, which would lead to less air service to POP, a further deterioration of retail and commercial real estate in the area and more crime... So, what I'm saying is that what the area needs is to encourage local development districts that will bring in more people for other activities...then if that is successful, the prosititution industry could be discarded if that is what people want. All that being said, I am not a Dominican Citizen...

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Hmmm ... I might as well throw out an opinion, as well. (Since everybody else does it.) Just an opinion, mind you, but I think the real problem is not the supply, it's the demand. :cool:

Reactions: woofsback