Looking for an apartment in Bonao City

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
I am moving to Bonao City and I am looking for an apartment. I currently in the united states and I am having a hard time finding anything on the internet of this city. I want to have a list of options of apartments before I go there. So can anyone recommend me any realtors or apartment for rent and please I only want to know about realtors or apartment for rent nothing more.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Chances are you'll need your feet on the ground before you can find anything.

Only a few rentals anywhere in this country are advertised.

It is what it is...

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Above poster is correct. Come to Bonao, stay at Aquarius Hotel and hit the ground. I live 30 minutes from Bonao and eat at Tipico Bonao once a week. I have not seen that many high rise apartments there. I would look in the Falcondo Mine area for a nice house to rent with 24x7 power supplied by the mine. The best way to find a good place is by word of mouth. Hopefully you have some Dominican friends in Bonao that can get the word out. Rent for a gringo is also sometimes higher than a local, at least, in Maimon, good luck.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Yep, Bonao wont be on the internet. Aquarius is quite expensive to me, but it is the only good game in town. Talk to the guy who owns it and see if he knows someone, if not, walk around the town center and talk to the lawyers there.

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
if your going to have transportation you might consider living outside of city. very loud city. and hot. few good and safe areas in city. many rentals. also a hotel out on hiway, hotel jaqaranda

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The problem with real estate websites in the DR is many show properties they don't have even a verbal contract with the owner to list, along with the "bait and switch" scams.

If the country ever begins to regulate real estate brokerages and agents, the industry and attendant websites will have more credibility.

I alerted a family member that 4 of his houses appeared on a Dominican real estate website and he was totally puzzled. It took weeks and some legal threats to have them removed.

Feb 7, 2007
I tell you what. Hit the ground and ask around. Also the good source are motoconchos. They move around a lot and they know where places for rent are. Most apartments in the DR besides Santo Domingo and Santiago are small units, maybe 2-3 apartments, very few apartment "complexes" or condo complexes. Most are built around this style: a store downstairs, apartment(s) upstairs. Some may have apts down and upstairs (like a family house divided into two). That's how it is in the interior, including Bonao.

Again, one of the best sources are motoconchos. They transport a lot of people to all corners of the town and they know where the signs "Se Alquila" are hanging. Be prepared to pay them a fee for taking you around, and if you do "close" the rent contract to pay them a fee, up to a month's worth of rent.

Some motoconchos have even flourishing "real estate" business. There are signs "se rentan y venden apartamentos, casas, locales" around Higuey and where you call up and ask where the office is, it's usually a "motoconcho parada"... hehe But they do really know places...!!

Feb 7, 2007
Yep, Bonao wont be on the internet. Aquarius is quite expensive to me, but it is the only good game in town. Talk to the guy who owns it and see if he knows someone, if not, walk around the town center and talk to the lawyers there.

That's not 100% correct. I went to Bonao and I stayed at Gold Premium Hotel in the city center, very close to all the main points, and I paid 1.200 pesos per night, much cheaper than Aquaris. It had all the stuff, hot water, A/C, cable TV, Wifi Internet ....
Bienvenido a la página oficial de Gold Premium
phone 809-296-3838 and 3737

There is also Hotel Jacaranda (more expensive) but same services. No website, phone (809) 525-3090

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
how long staying,,how much to spend. how many bedrooms, do you have furnishings...my friend in bonao will help .can give ph number in e=mail. she is not in rental buisness but lived there all her life. also speaks english. and honest

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
The problem with real estate websites in the DR is many show properties they don't have even a verbal contract with the owner to list, along with the "bait and switch" scams.

If the country ever begins to regulate real estate brokerages and agents, the industry and attendant websites will have more credibility.

I alerted a family member that 4 of his houses appeared on a Dominican real estate website and he was totally puzzled. It took weeks and some legal threats to have them removed.

This is true, in addition to if they even represent this property they will NEVER return your phone calls. Successful business "professional" who doesnt have any minutes on their phone?

Not to mention photo-jocking of properties that look NOTHING like what you have. And then they talk to you like you are stupid and dont know what you want because the thought of living in a place that looks like Buffalo Bills hole in the ground from Silence of the Lambs isnt that inviting. Jaja!

Jacaranda? OK, 1200 pesos too rich for me. Soy miserable y tacano.

Feb 7, 2007
The way I see the published prices for rent, they are for Gringos looking for apartments to rent in Bonao on the Internet.

I mean, come on, 14.000$ rent for an apt IN BONAO???

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
But have you called those numbers and talked to anyone who actually represents those properties? Do you ever get anyone on the phone? Can they actually show those houses? $14K es mucho for a place in the middle of nowhere with no mountain views or beachfront to speak of.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
But have you called those numbers and talked to anyone who actually represents those properties? Do you ever get anyone on the phone? Can they actually show those houses? $14K es mucho for a place in the middle of nowhere with no mountain views or beachfront to speak of.

No-- I am not actually looking for an apartment there, the OP is. And there could be mountain views, no? And as CB said, the listings may be fictional! But I posted to give the OP the info.

popoqc

Sep 22, 2006
Realtor in Bonao

Hi there try with Edwin Realty. They don't have any listing in Bonao for rent but they surely going to find you one. Any Dominicans would rush to find you something any where in the country. I would suggest you to do as the above post. Go there, take a night at the hotel and walk the town. Ask any moto-concho on the street you will find your apartment fast. You can also find a house for a few hundred dollars a month. Take your time, and be advised that everybody will try to get a good commission so be hard when dealing with them, you could be surprised.
Cheers, Paul.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
rent a nice place in Santo Domingo, your husband (who works for falconbridge) can see you on the weekends. you can well afford it, they pay norteanos engineers nicely, but he might have a little young thang with a better body than your old flabby self already. get used to it or stay in canada. you will not find anything great about bonao unless you are from there.......although the people of bonao are some of the finest on the planet, honest, hard working, the girls are really good looking, (all dominican girls are better looking than anything in ontario, no down parkas to hide the flab). forget bonao, make him pay, unless you are into pigs, cows, heat, staying at home, Bonao is not an interesting artists colony.........