DR Justice - kill 7 get 3-5 years prison

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well they were minors I suppose b ut I know what you are saying.

Do you read in the news this week where two drug traffickers were released after 2 years from a 10 year sentance because the original sentance didn't specify "years" only "10". The Da didn't oppose it either when the attorney for the criminal appealed. Needless to say the DA and presiding judge went on vacation after the judge issued the verdict. It was in Hoy.com.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Well they were minors I suppose but I know what you are saying.

Chip, with all due respect, minors or not, they destroyed 7 families....
They should have gotten life....or more...and that punk minor was laughing!!!!!!!
I really hope the families do something when they are released so they don't kill anymore INNOCENT taxi drivers. Maybe with the education they get in prison they will advance to home invasions and kill the whole families direct......

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
This is why people take justice into their own hands.These kids obviously have no remorse.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, with all due respect, minors or not, they destroyed 7 families....
They should have gotten life....or more...and that punk minor was laughing!!!!!!!
I really hope the families do something when they are released so they don't kill anymore INNOCENT taxi drivers. Maybe with the education they get in prison they will advance to home invasions and kill the whole families direct......

Criminals like this have a short shelf life because eventually the police will get to them on the street, corrupt or not.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am against death sentences myself but i am totally for life is prison. this is what they should have gotten: life sentence with no right to visits, letters or any form of contact with their families/friends. just as if there were as dead as the people they killed.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Well they were minors I suppose b ut I know what you are saying.......

Criminals like this have a short shelf life because eventually the police will get to them on the street, corrupt or not.
... and how many more innocent people will die,
before these "MINORS" are "EVENTUALLY" taken care of?

Don

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I saw it and I was amazed! I thought it was a typo!!

There is a Dominican saying (refr?n) : "Por eso que matar no se acabe" ....{That's why killing does not end.}

I agree with Eddy....

HB

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
Death would be the easy way out.These kids dont fear death.what they fear is not having the ability to take a life.They feel like they have some power becouse they can kill take that away and their just two punk kids.So if it was my family member who was killed you better belive I'd get that colin and at least take a few hands as suveneirs.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They weren't even hijos de mami y papi so how did it happen? The codigo penal that does not have enough flexibility to make exceptions in extreme cases involving minors?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
My reading is suffering me again. I've got the gist of it but can someone give me a more complete and detailed translation of what exactly has gone on.
Thanks!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
They weren't even hijos de mami y papi so how did it happen? The codigo penal that does not have enough flexibility to make exceptions in extreme cases involving minors?

The taxistas weren't big influence people. If the victims were renowned family members those kids would've been taken care of already.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I mean the kids weren't from influential or wealthy families so the reason they got off lightly was the weaknesses in the c?digo penal.
Anastacio said:
My reading is suffering me again. I've got the gist of it but can someone give me a more complete and detailed translation of what exactly has gone on.
Thanks!
This was a gang of young people in the Zona Oriental that tortured and killed several taxi drivers - apparently just for depraved kicks.