A typical week day here in DR?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It seems we have a wide range of people and reasons for being here. This isn't about your job so no need to post what you do for a living if you don't want to. It is more to see how people are fulfilling their day to day lives here, what you get up to, is it routine or random, how do you balance it all to make it work for you?

So, a typical day for me would be........................

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

5kekc7.gif
nleuja.gif

.... our normal routine of dealing with everything not being normal here!

And Just

2cmrz3a.gif

Everything!

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFisher

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
typical weekday

up at 7, walk the dogs

work til 530... stop by colmado have a cold once chat with friends

go home, feed dogs,cook dinner

relax,

nice easy pace here

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Here's mine:

Up every morning at 5.

Drive to work.

Work until 5.

Go to house/carwash/movies(pick one)

Go home, go to bed.

Pretty boring.

When I go to The DR my routine is almost like yours but in reverse.

Party until about 5 in the morning.

Drive home if I can see the road.

Sleep until about 5.

Go to bar/car wash and pick up one (girl that is)...

Go to Cabana, go to bed :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Pretty boring too...if you ask me.

Disclaimer: It's a joke people...I don't pick up girls from carwashes...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wake up 8am, at work by 9am. 3 hour lunch then 6pm I go to mirador sur park and run. Then come home to eat something. watch a movie on my projector screen, play with internet and then sleep at 12am.
In my spare time, I fix things, everything from fixing an old rusted stove, opening rusted locks to fixing laptops to modifying hardware to installing inverters etc. This weekend was a long weekend and rained everyday. I took the time off to fix 2 laptops with hardware problems, bought some poor people a used gas tank and installed it with all the tubes and regulators. I have found a place where you can buy reconditions (painted) gas tanks for very cheap (in santiago). Then I called codetel and had them change the whole telephone line all the way from my home to the poll. Now my internet dsl line does not go down and I get a rock steady fast internet.
So in my free time, I have become an expert in ghetto fixes.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
When I go to The DR my routine is almost like yours but in reverse.

Party until about 5 in the morning.

Drive home if I can see the road.

Sleep until about 5.

Go to bar/car wash and pick up one (girl that is)...

Go to Cabana, go to bed :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Pretty boring too...if you ask me.

Disclaimer: It's a joke people...I don't pick up girls from carwashes...

LOL, thanks for the first morning laugh.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I don't install inverters, I just install my inverters. I am an electrical engineer but only use it as hobby. By profession, I am a chiropractor. Hahahaha. go figure this out.
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I wake up a 7:50 and take the girls to school. Come home, check email for anything work related then eat bfast. Post on DR1 and play xbox until time to pick up girls at 12:30. Eat lunch, check email for anything work related, maybe take a nap or play xbox. Later on take the girls to homework tutor, check email for anything work related and play xbox. Pick up girls check email for anything work related and play xbox until time to work out. Eat dinner, have one beer, post on DR1 and play xbox.

A couple of times a week I have to buy groceries but we also have a small supermarket that has free delivery. At the end of the month I have to get out to pay the bills. On the weekends we go to Moca. Every so often we go to the park or the movies even during the week to break up the monotony.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I wake up a 7:50 and take the girls to school. Come home, check email for anything work related then eat bfast. Post on DR1 and play xbox until time to pick up girls at 12:30. Eat lunch, check email for anything work related, maybe take a nap or play xbox. Later on take the girls to homework tutor, check email for anything work related and play xbox. Pick up girls check email for anything work related and play xbox until time to work out. Eat dinner, have one beer, post on DR1 and play xbox.

A couple of times a week I have to buy groceries but we also have a small supermarket that has free delivery. At the end of the month I have to get out to pay the bills. On the weekends we go to Moca. Every so often we go to the park or the movies even during the week to break up the monotony.

No workout?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Also, if by chance I do get work I turn on my favorite internet salsa channel and play with autocad or some other program and make a bunch of call and send emails. Unfortunatley I can't listen to the radio nor receive emails when I'm making phone calls as I don't have enough bandwidth. But other than that it is great at 750 down and 250 up.

Feb 7, 2007
Get up at 7 am take my lil to school, then pick up the trabajadora if necessary pick something up from the market or the store. Then be in the office by 8.30 am. Back to pick lil one up at 12 noon, go home, eat lunch, maybe take a nap, back to the office by 2 pm. Work till 7 or 8 pm, then go home, maybe pick something up from supermarket, buy the bag of bread from the corner bakery. Eat dinner, watch some TV while browsing the Internet. Usually in bed by midnight soundly asleep.

Weekends: drink, party, have fun.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Weekdays...

Wake up around 8am, let dogs out, get ready for the day

Work and errands around town from 9 until noon

Make and eat lunch

More work and errands until 4pm

After work - Spend time with husband / yard work / house cleaning / reading / bike ride / walk / cocktail if needed ;)

Then, make and eat dinner or go out on the town for dinner / have a drink or two

After dinner - Watch some TV or a movie / Peruse the internet / Play cards with husband / Prepare work for next day

Bed between 9:30 - 11:30pm

Weekends...

Beaches / Park / Bar / Restaurants / Reading / Donkey walks / Work around the house & yard / Sleeping in / Movies if rainy / Sometimes weekends away to shop, eat good food and explore! :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

What happened with your X90 program, are you still doing it.