Iphone question

bigguy2857

Dec 16, 2008
I have a new Iphone 16gb Is there any way I could unlock it to use the sim cards in the DR. I am using Telus Mobility here in Canada. Thanks

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If you have a NEW iphone then it may be best not to screw with it. You have a year or two if you have upgraded of free repairs, they are not cheap, I wouldn't be unlocking, jailbreaking or anything else with a brand new iphone. Especially here, chances are something could go wrong and they won't take responability for it.
Buy a cheap mobile while here, they cost less than a bigmac meal.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
is it a 3gs or iphone 4? and what operating system vers?.i had a 3gs operating system 4.0 jailbroke and unlocked in Dr using claro.Its pretty easy to do pm me for more info,and no it wont mess up your phone if you know what your doing.The only thing to worry about in DR is someone trying to steal it.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
apple would have to prove that,once reset phone is indistinguishable from any other new iphone.Every hacker knows theres a way around everything.

Seacreature

Jul 27, 2013
www.dynagirlonline.com
I have a new Iphone 16gb Is there any way I could unlock it to use the sim cards in the DR. I am using Telus Mobility here in Canada. Thanks

Yes. It costs about 1300 pesos to unlock an iPhone, give or take. That's what it cost my wife about three days ago. It'll depend on who you go to as well as I'm sure where the sun is aligned with the moon and what they had for dinner last night, but that's a rough. I wouldn't pay much more than that, put it that way.

Once it's unlocked, you get a Dominican sim say from Claro or Orange, get it cut, and you're in business. You have to cut it because iPhones use micro sim, Claro sells regular sized sims. There's not difference in the chip, just in the size of the card, so they have people who will cut them, or you can cut it yourself if you're skilled enough. I'm out of the country so my wife went to the Apple store and the very nice clerk there cut it for her free of charge.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Yes. It costs about 1300 pesos to unlock an iPhone, give or take. That's what it cost my wife about three days ago. It'll depend on who you go to as well as I'm sure where the sun is aligned with the moon and what they had for dinner last night, but that's a rough. I wouldn't pay much more than that, put it that way.

Once it's unlocked, you get a Dominican sim say from Claro or Orange, get it cut, and you're in business. You have to cut it because iPhones use micro sim, Claro sells regular sized sims. There's not difference in the chip, just in the size of the card, so they have people who will cut them, or you can cut it yourself if you're skilled enough. I'm out of the country so my wife went to the Apple store and the very nice clerk there cut it for her free of charge.

1300 pesos is a good deal. I have an iphone 4 and have been quoted prices for unlocking from 4000 to 7500 and some guys wont even touch it. Where did you get it done for 1300 or is it a different model than a 4. where in santiago can I get it unlocked for a resonable price??

Seacreature

Jul 27, 2013
www.dynagirlonline.com
1300 pesos is a good deal. I have an iphone 4 and have been quoted prices for unlocking from 4000 to 7500 and some guys wont even touch it. Where did you get it done for 1300 or is it a different model than a 4. where in santiago can I get it unlocked for a resonable price??

I know it was somewhere in Santo Domingo, but I couldn't tell you where. My wife has an iPhone 5, and she gave it to a friend of ours who took it to have it done. The original quote was 700 pesos but they charged extra because it was a Verizon phone and they're a pain in the ass to unlock evidently. I still felt like I scored with the 1300 because the guy in La Romana wanted 4000 pesos to even try, let alone have it work.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Thanks Sea. Thats the kind of answer I have been getting. Everyone says the 4 has more expensive codes to unlock. Maybe I will bite the bullet and pay the fee.

Meems

May 1, 2013
When I arrived in September, it was the day after Apple put the new security codes on iPhones. Claro used to unlock them, but now they can't. I took my phone to a "guy" who said it would take a few months for them to figure out the codes. I think it's time to go back to see the "guy."

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
The price to unlock iphones 5 depends on the model + with who it was locked before.

I had an iphone 5 from rogers and price where between 5k and 8k everywhere.

I did it in Canada when i had to come back with Rogers for 50$. But if you get tell 4k+ its no scam, its the real price for an iphone 5 from Canada.

Hailee

Mar 3, 2014
For those who have a whole new iphone 3gs after that it usually is best to never attach about it. You have a couple of years for those who have improved associated with free of charge repairs, they may be not cheap, I wouldn't possibly be unlocking, jailbreaking as well as everything else using a new iphone 3gs.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
If you have a NEW iphone then it may be best not to screw with it. You have a year or two if you have upgraded of free repairs, they are not cheap, I wouldn't be unlocking, jailbreaking or anything else with a brand new iphone. Especially here, chances are something could go wrong and they won't take responability for it.
Buy a cheap mobile while here, they cost less than a bigmac meal.

Here is a variation of that advice...

Don't screw with your iphone, sell it, buy yourself a BigMac to celebrate, then get a REAL phone that you can unlock drama free.

Did someone say Android ;)

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
For those who have a whole new iphone 3gs after that it usually is best to never attach about it. You have a couple of years for those who have improved associated with free of charge repairs, they may be not cheap, I wouldn't possibly be unlocking, jailbreaking as well as everything else using a new iphone 3gs.

The what, the what, and the what?

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Here is a variation of that advice...

Don't screw with your iphone, sell it, buy yourself a BigMac to celebrate, then get a REAL phone that you can unlock drama free.

Did someone say Android ;)

You can unlock just about any phone now a days or just buy one that is already unlocked. That's what I did just to not have to deal with the BS any longer.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
You should be ok unlocking it's a world phone it's meant for that to use SIM cards all over the world... jail broken is another story because your messing with the whole software

Jan 17, 2009
My experience with a unlocked 3g (done here, jailbreaking of course), couldn't be reset with iTunes ever again. I can't remember the error message but when I looked it up, it was related to jailbroken iphones. Never again could I put music through iTunes or update iOS or anything, because basically after a month or so, I had to pay to have it jailbroken again.

Someone is talking about unlocking an iPhone 4. Those phones are old enough to be able to get it unlocked by the carrier. No need to jailbreak it.

Hailee

Mar 3, 2014
You do have a year or two in case you have upgraded of totally free repairs, they're not cheap, Specifically right here, chances are something can go wrong and they will not likely take responsibility for doing this.