Cedula Reno in Bavaro

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so today I went to that JCE Office at Plaza Tronco, aside the Texaco Gas Station, 2nd Floor, the Corner office, big Sign on, visible from downstairs when at the parking Place.
their opening hours are Mo-Fri 8AM-5PM, been told bt the Guy they sometimes take a lunchbreak, so it is a good Idea to not step by between 12-1PM.
I could not Renew My cedula today because their computer is broken, lolol, but at least I took the chance to ask about the requirements for a foreigner to Renew His/Her Cedula.
to bring:
* the old expired Cedula card
* the up to date renewed Permanent Residency Card
Costs:
***It Is a FREE!!! Service, costs nothing, no Tax, no Fee, no Propina, wow, surprise, lol.

will pass by there again next week, maybe on Friday, and post my final Renewal Experience right here.
Cheers
Mike

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Thanks for the info Mike. That's great news, it will save us a stressful drive to the capital and help me avoid the evil den of temptation that is Krispy Kreme lol.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
If You ask My Wife Crispy Kreme is not that much Devil, but Gooood, ha ha.
we are actually hanging out with visiting friends, today in Rainy but great Bavaro, tomorrow at the Elegance, after the weekend I will pass by there again and post the results of the Renos here.
how been he weather in bayahibe the last days?
cheers
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hey Mod,
I would guess this theme could be worth a Sticky here.

been there today to renew my Cedula,
went in at 1:03PM and with all done back out by 1:06PM.
3 freakin' minutes,
I never experienced a sympatic and quick efficient Gubmint service like that nowhere on the Globe, and sure not back home in germany.

bring your expired cedula Card and Your Up to Date Permanent Residence card, hand them to the Guy at the computer Desk, he typed my data in his computer with one hand and pointed me to stnad in the middle of the Foto background Screen with the other Hand, Button pressed and picture been taken 20 seconds after I said 'Hello" to Him.
right finger for the electronic print on the Plate, left finger for the same on the same Plate, signature on the elec plate and the same moment the Printer starts to Run.
the receipt for my Renewal stamped and signed by Him, handed over to me with my old cedula card and my residency card, explanation that they will call when the New card is printed to pick up here at their office. he told me that will not take place this Year, but somewhen early next year.
ready to go, while I asked my questions the next Guy already got his picture taken, lol.
they are also the office for Marriages/Divorces and for a good number of other related themes, I will pass there after the weekend again and take a Foto of their rates Table hanging on a big clear Bord in the frontoffice, so I will post those rates here, had no camera handy today.

the Cedula Renewal is free of charge, no Tax no Fee no nothing.
the 2 Men and the Lady working there are very friendly, answer any stu gringito Question in a very nice way, I've been really impressed by friendliness and quick workforce there after 16 years of "Gubmint-Experiences" on the Isle.

cheers
Mike