Good old British weather in SD.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
What a miserable day, truely British misery, cold, dark, misty, wet, horrid. On the up side I got the chance to wear my big jacket and felt good walking the streets being the only person without the deadly rain allergy. Can you imagine how little would get done in the UK if everyone reacted to rain as they do here.
Another reminder of how much better off I am here.

I appreciate it, even for only that reminder, once in a blue moon.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I got wet in rain today. Now I have gripe :(

This is why they do not hand out Med Certs ti Chairoprctors......

You caught a virus from getting wet? - Prey tell what new scientific model beholds us???
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This is why they do not hand out Med Certs ti Chairoprctors......

You caught a virus from getting wet? - Prey tell what new scientific model beholds us???
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

actually its not a flu, just sneezes from cold. After I was wet, I spent the day in a/c at office. Today I am fine. :)
But for your information, no one gets flu from virus. Its not the virus that gets you sick, its your lack of defense against virus that gets you sick. If virus is the only factor in getting sick, then why is it that many people in your office who work side by side with you never get sick yet other catch it from you? The truth is, some people have stronger immune system and other don't. Virus and bacteria is all around us, yet some people catch them, other don't.
Now let me tell you how you can catch virus (flu) from getting wet and from being tired. If I don't sleep well for a couple of night, my body starts to become tired, and if I had some heavy drinks the night before, now my body is really hurting and I am breaking apart. This is the best opportunity for the virus to attack me and put me to bed. This is always the case, as in yesterday's sickness. I didn't sleep the night before and my body was hurting from other activities I had done the day before. Then I was in rain and got wet, came to a/c cold office. Soon I was feeling the effects of flu like symptoms. Turns out it was more like a common cold than flu. I drank juices, ate veggies and slept a good 10 hrs. Today I am a new person.
So pedro, try to discredit me another time. I know you think chiros are trash. I hope you will go to one if you ever get back pain. I am sure we will help you.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know the sky is grey and it's drizzling, but it's still hot and humid. Why is everyone wearing sweaters and jackets?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
because they are fruitcakes......why do people convince themselves they should be wearing jeans at all time .

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
because they are fruitcakes......why do people convince themselves they should be wearing jeans at all time .

Thats because they live in a real city and live a regular life. they are not trying to pretend they are beach bums or on vacation. i never wear shorts in the streets of SD or santiago. I don't have a need or a desire to wear one. I am quite comfortable in my jeans. now if i am in sosua beach, yes I do wear shorts.
AZB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
What a miserable day, truely British misery, cold, dark, misty, wet, horrid.

Yes when the weather is that way it makes me feel sad...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyZ-kuen_9E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyZ-kuen_9E?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
It has been raining and dark in Raleigh this weeks.
JJ

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its hotter in the city due to all the concrete, so makes even less sense.....dont tell me your thighs are not moist all day coz I wont beleive you

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
its hotter in the city due to all the concrete, so makes even less sense.....dont tell me your thighs are not moist all day coz I wont beleive you

No they are not. I feel just fine with jeans and in shoes all day. I don't even think of wearing shorts in public. I would feel like an idiot if I walk on the city streets with flip flops and swimming shorts. We just live in 2 different worlds. This is why some people can't live away from beach resorts and some who won't live near it.
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We get sick here every year when the weather changes, just like in the States.

I know it's not fashionable to say getting cold doesn't cause one to get a cold but doctors change their mind every 3 years so who pays attention?

As far as what's fashionable, every time I go back to the States and see people I went to grade and high school with I just thank my lucky stars I didn't go to the beach like them on the weekends and use baby oil. One girl just a year older than me looks like she's pushing 60. So much for getting sun being "healthy". For that reason I rarely go outside w/o a hat, long pants and sometimes even a jacket.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

I don't get smelty in jeans and coat, but I don't sit sprawled out in the sun either. I walk on the shadowed sides of the streets and under an umbrella at a bar.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Man, you really have turned Dominican.
Next I recomment you do not touch the iron within half an hour of getting something out of the fridge... hehe..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
jr, when i moved here i would not even dream of wearing jeans, i felt so hot all the time! of course, being a woman i can have it easy with dresses or skirts but i do wear jeans too, even when it is hot. usually i move between home, work and a car anyways :) some days, very seldom, i wear long sleeves.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Man, you really have turned Dominican.
Next I recomment you do not touch the iron within half an hour of getting something out of the fridge... hehe..

Come on maan!!!!!
No one needs to hear that, was such a decent nice thread till the insults started:eek:gre:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
In days like these Dominicans love to cook a sancocho mixed with rice and aguacate con sal ay mama. Kids also tend to miss school as they don't want to get out of bed and the consenting parents letting them sleep. Also Caba?as operate at 100% capacity when it rains, that's why these days are called "Pacheco".