Taught My First English Class today in Santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
This was a day I will never forget, I just finished teaching my first English class at my home. I started to inform my neighbors (that I know and trust) that I will be giving free English lessons on a first come first serve basis. Today I taught 2 ladies for 2 hours and they really showed me that that were very serious about their studies. I now have 2 more young girls ages 9 and 11 coming tomorrow with their mother who was one of the ladies I taught today. They asked me when they can return and I told them it will average 2 or 3 days a week and one hour per session. Eventually I will need to build a schedule around the number of people interested. As I was working with them I could see their desire to learn and their need to better themselves. Funny thing, I informed them that if their husbands would like to come with them and learn alongside them, that it wouldn't be a problem. Both women told me that there husbands weren't interested. I haven't felt this good in a long time, so I need to celebrate and go to my favorite Chinese restaurant and indulge myself with my girlfriend.
This was a good afternoon........

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
i loved reading this post!!

keeps me knowing there is still good here!

i can't wait to hear of progress down the line ... such a great thing you're doing!

Reactions: waytogo

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I also teach english (gratis) in the capital to a variety of young people and I have no doubt that I am the winner here..what a joy to teach young people who are keen to learn and are so inquisitive . I only wish they knew more about their own language which is infinitely more interesting in the verb structures than english is now .
I think it is one of the most pleasant tasks that I have ever undertaken and so late in my life makes it more rewarding

Reactions: waytogo

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I also teach english (gratis) in the capital to a variety of young people and I have no doubt that I am the winner here..what a joy to teach young people who are keen to learn and are so inquisitive . I only wish they knew more about their own language which is infinitely more interesting in the verb structures than english is now .
I think it is one of the most pleasant tasks that I have ever undertaken and so late in my life makes it more rewarding

You are exactly right, it is very rewarding, maybe even more so for me.
It is the need to be needed.....

B in Santiago

elbachatero6504

Sep 26, 2010
Felicidades, mediante esa clase puedes adquirir una reputacion y experiencia, la cual te ayudaria si quieres ensenar una clase por una escuela (and get paid) u organizacion enfocada en la educacion.