Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair salon in Punta Cana

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hair salon in Punta Cana

Can anyone refer to a good hair salon in Punta Cana? I will be traveling there for a wedding next week and I don't want to pay the hefty price that the resort is charging?

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Punta Cana? Bana in Punta Cana Village is not cheap by DR standards but it is reasonable by European standards.

Salon Paris in Los Corales has Anna, an excellent Italian stylist who I started going to after she was recommended here on DR1. I prefer her to the Bana stylists but they are also very good.

Generally, hair salons in the DR are all over the place and are mostly good. Punta Cana Bavaro is no exception, there's one or two in most plazas. The resort salons will always be more expensive.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I also recommend Anna at Salon Paris in Los Corales.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there yesterday and Anna told me she is leaving - temporarily - and returns to Bávaro in two or three months time.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be staying at Paradisus Palma real...
    They ask $80 for an updo(just putting ur hair in poney tail and add curls) this is outrageous! i dont even pay that in the US why in the world I would pay that in DR, a third world country(I am not being judgmental here, I am from a third world country my self).
    I have been to dominican hair salons, my hair dresser in the USA is from the Domincan Republic and they have hair salons all over DR. Since it is my first time in Punta Cana, I just needed a recommendation.
    so maybe someone can refer to a salon that is not far from PPR.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a hunch - this may be an inflated "wedding package" price that they're quoting you. If you're staying in PPR and make your own way to the salon either at the hotel or at the Shopping Village attached to the complex you may be able to negotiate a more standard rate.
    Otherwise you would have to pay the very non-third world taxi rates to get to one of the local salons in Cortecito, not really within walking distance, and that would cancel out any savings made.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

really? thanks.. this is based on the price list sent to me by the Spa. But I will check with the salon and/or shopping village when I get there. How far would you say the nearest pueblo/city is to PPR?

Post Thanks / Like

That's the thing. The Punta Cana-Bávaro area is 40 kms of sprawl, without a defined town centre. The Cortecito area which has lots of shops and businesses is a 10-minute drive, Verón (the closest thing approximating to a pueblo) is 15 mins away. The nearest city is Higuey, 50 minutes away.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So you beleive I can find a salon in the The Cortecito area? In that case, do you think there may be any "guagas" in the area? Or I will have to resort the "American version" of a dominican taxi and the hight price that it comes with? How much do you think they will charge me? I need a balk park number so I can negotiate? Once they see "american money" than they tend to jack up the price, so I need to know how much it usually charge so I can bargain.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, guaguas and motoconchos travel along that route. The bus company is charmingly called Traumabapu.

The cost of the taxi could hike the price up to more than you would pay at the resort, but I may be wrong as Palma Real to Cortecito is quite a short distance. Apart from Salon Paris at Los Corales I don't know any specific salons but there are sure to be several in the main part of Cortecito/Plaza Bávaro area.

If it were me, and I hadn't managed to get a better price in the resort or at the salon in Palma Real Shopping Village, I would ask a female Dominican staff member at the hotel to recommend a nearby salon and negotiate a price with the taxi drivers in the car park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast