Reluctant to ask...

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
So many of you said I couldn't find affordable housing in Cabarete. Heck, it even seemed like some of you were down right DELIGHTED to shoot down my dreams! So, reluctantly, I submit this for your inspection:

Here is an apartment that is about $450 a month and includes a (very basic) kitchen. Do any of you know anything about this apartment or the owners? I think it seems like an ok place for a single girl to live for a few months. NOT guest friendly=sigh of relief. Opinions?

Winde Apartments Kite Beach Cabarete, Dominican Republic | Rentals near the best kite surfing, surfing, and wind surfing in the world

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Emily, the one thing that I would be concerned about more than anything is the security that is afforded you. Being that you are a single young lady, you would be more of a target than most. I have 2 daughters ages 25 and 30 and I would tell them the same thing, SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY.........Be safe.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Looks nice.

But I'm not sure about you posting the fact that you are a single girl and this might be where you are living.

Not a good idea to post on an open forum. You never know who is lurking.

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
I wouldn't be moving there for quite some time (over a year) so I'm sure most lurkers will have long forgotten me by that time. And I am also a single girl living alone in a (relatively) large US city. Security is not a problem for me here because I am smart, careful and I don't drink. I thought Cabarete seemed pretty safe while I was there, although I wouldn't be walking around alone at night. I wouldn't do that in the city here without my dog either though.

Jan 17, 2009
Emily,

If you're willing to rent a studio, check out Wind Chime apartments. Their studio was renting for $500 long-term. It's a nice gated community, one block from the center of Cabarete, on the main road. You can also find a long-term rental apartment for $500 at Cita del Sol (also on the main road, right at the center of town).

There are apartments for $300-$350 but not in gated communities.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
They are the apartments I refered to in my other post on the other thread. I don't know them but I figure they are ok as they have advertised on here since I've been posting here. Above posted a place in the centre, probably a better bet. When drunk you WILL lose senses and take a moto home down that long dark road one night. I've walked back up that road at night once after my cars wheel fell off, it is a dangerous and scary road with cars slowing down, checking me out and I'm a dude, if you attractive then stay close to town or rent your own moto full time.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have known the owner here for over 6 years. Very trustworthy. You will need transportation to get to town from here.

Bob K

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I am moving to a Kite Beach location in a few weeks. Since most rentals are furnished, you can rent a place for a couple months and then see how it goes. The doggies also hang out along Kite Beach there...