food restrictions at the punta cana airport

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
hi iam new to this forum and plaining to come to punta cana for a year .let me see how it will turn out . i have benn in punta cana as a 2 weeks vacation it was not so bad compare to other caribbean countries...

eating clean is very important for me since i try to keep mybody in shape .so i am planing to bring some protein shakes with me which are 100% legal in canada and all over the world.but i will bring like 25 to 30 lbs with me .my question is any of one of all those people living in the area with exprience couls tell me if i would have any problem with customs in punta can airport.

when i ask this question my self i cant see any problem because i travel lot so far i have been in 30 countries word wide and vever had any problem with my protein shakes.

please let me know if it would be a problem in punta cana airport

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Should be no problem at all. As a rule they don't even check your bags. Just keep your mouth shut and keep walking.

Reactions: Tamborista

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
My partner buys all his protein shakes here, so if in doubt just buy them when you get here as to have them taken off you may be costly as i know these things arent cheap, but as SKY said you shouldnt have a problem especially if its an unopened container.