Credit Cards

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Does anyone know of a Dominican Bank or company that will provide businesses with the ability to accept credit card payments? If not, what are the alternatives that people are using. It seems that most international credit card servicers will not serve the Dominican Republic. I am from the USA and I suppose I could set something up with PayPal, but transfering money back to the Dominican Republic may be an issue and there are double taxation and other issues with using a USA based servicer. Actually I've contacted a few CC merchandisers and they all have flatly turned me down when I say I have a business in the DR. I am sure I'm just not contacting the correct companies.

Thank you!

ray718

May 28, 2010
Visit the bank in d.r. - there has to be a credit card processing company in d.r.-so many places there accept cc. Are you accepting cc for a virtual business or a physical one?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
There is more then one company that provides this service. It is bloody expensive - like 5 to 8 % is a good rate - none of the true volume discounts of the USA and there are issues.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Also a company called Merchant Services but they are expensive and try to hold the processed funds as long as possible.