Scots get 20ys for drug smuggling.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I love to read stories like that. Typical of the family to cast a sympathy plea but I hope they don't get sent back to the luxury prisons in the uk. Make them serve thier time with real hard boys and crazies, see if they try the repeat crimes Brit jails seem to produce from the cotton wool approach.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I love to read stories like that. Typical of the family to cast a sympathy plea but I hope they don't get sent back to the luxury prisons in the uk. Make them serve thier time with real hard boys and crazies, see if they try the repeat crimes Brit jails seem to produce from the cotton wool approach.

The question is will they survive the 10 years in a Dominican jail (as stated in the Sun)?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The question is will they survive the 10 years in a Dominican jail (as stated in the Sun)?

Well they obviously know the score, people don't get involved in that kind of game unless you are deep in sh1t with your drug salesman back in Scotland, or looking to make a lazy buck, either way they are both losers and deserve what's coming to them, or already happened. I expect they have suffered the worst of it by now. They will be lowest ranking bum boys I expect, handing over mothers lunch money each day, oh boy, it will be tough! 21 year old, just a kid really.

I've always thought the prisons in the UK were just asking to produce reoffenders and am a big fan of hard time, even harder labour (is that part of the sentence here?).
I've also always thought that the prisoners in the UK should be sent to work building the new prisons they are in such shortage of, but according to human rights and all the softy softy brigades demands making them work isnt an option.

Reactions: MikeFisher

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
u think they will actually serve 10 years? why won't they get out in a year or so by "helping" some of the right people?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If only they hadn't been 2kgs over on the checked baggage they might have got away with it.

Apparently they got caught repacking their carry on...

:confused::confused::confused:

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
10 years for drug smuggling but the kids that killed the taxi drivers in the Santo Domingo area only get 3-5 years? WTF? I know that they were trialed as kids, unfortunately, but this is ridiculous. I am not saying that the Scot's terms should be reduced, hell, they should get the full term, but the goverment need to be looking into properly sentancing murderers!

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Resort

10 years each, strange, usually is 5, and they get out after 2.5, or even bether 14 months. That is if you get caught with one tone.
Paul Mom wants him to serve sentence in Scotland, so they can talk on the phone.
Well they can do that from Victoria prison.
One cell is 500 usd, and he can sell it when he leaves (no security deposit, water included, and security 24 h, gated community).
Other amenities: Basketball court, baseball court, Colmado, Gym, Computer room, Medical service, open green market, burgers, hot dogs.
No reservation needed.
Cell for 500 has bed (otherwise no), shell for books, private fabric wall with the zipper and lock, TV (no hay vida sin telecable Nacional), Fans, Sony Playstation and more.
10 years is for Grade A drugs.

What is the name of this resort? Has it got ocean view?

Reactions: Bronxboy

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Good Lord, Is this what passes for journalism over there??

Is this considered a reputable news outlet or some gutter tabloid? Some particular areas of this story that made me snicker:

(Last week the pair were jailed for ten years EACH after a court convicted them of trafficking . )

why do they feel the need to put EACH in capital letters and in bold as if it was some sort of outrageous sentence? From the title of the "news" story is "No case for the defence (sic) as Scots smugglers get 20 years." A logical person would think that means 20 years for each of them, which sounds about right, then only to read this article to know that it's really only 10 years.

"But I want him brought back to Scotland to serve his sentence."

"At least then he can see his family and we can speak to him on the phone every day. "

Mother wants him brought back to Scotland in hopes that once there, he'll simply just be set free. I mean, come on. If they freed the man convicted of blowing up Pan Am flight 103, then I can see why she would be quite optimistic!

"Ten years is terribly harsh-
people who commit murder here almost get less"

Where is "here"? Does this quote refer to Scotland or the Dominican Republic (Frankly, either way it sounds plausible.) The article doesn't make this clear. And what does "almost get less" mean? Very poorly written article.

"The Dominican Repuplic hands out some of the world's toughest jail terms for drug crimes. Last night a spokesman for the Foreign Office said: "We'll continue to provide consular assistance."

Except Singapore, Malaysia, and other countries, where they would be swinging from the end of a rope by now. This "journalist" clearly didn't do any research into this or the fact that the country is not called the Dominican Repuplic.

This whole story was good for a laugh.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I take it you're not familiar with this particular organ, The Sun, and the esteem in which it is held? ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The Sun is known as the builders rag, read it and rub (your bum).
To get a regular column in this paper you need at least to have been on a popular reality TV show, be a ladyboy, practicing vampire or welsh goat humper. One of the most popular papers sold in the UK (which doesn't really say a lot fir us), but hey, it has the easiest crossword in the world, and some brag of finishing it in a 1 hour rag break.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Maybe snippets from Midnight Express should be shown as folks get their tourist cards...:cheeky:

Reactions: woofsback
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
10 years for drug smuggling but the kids that killed the taxi drivers in the Santo Domingo area only get 3-5 years? WTF? I know that they were trialed as kids, unfortunately, but this is ridiculous. I am not saying that the Scot's terms should be reduced, hell, they should get the full term, but the goverment need to be looking into properly sentancing murderers!

Maybe to set an example? They're foreigners;)