Where to eat in bavaro cortecito

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
Hi to all

where can a low budget person eat in bavaro area, i love walking it does not matter even if i have to walk 30 minutes to an hour .consider me as backpacker staying and living for long term over there.i prefer grill or barbecue cooking since my stomach is very sensitive to other cooking way

i dont want any body to take it wrong or personal.some times local food i belive could be greasy and since they use tab water could cause diarrhea.

Th reason us canadians or americans or europeans get diarrhea form the food actually comes from parasites that we are not immuned to.once you are immuned to them we will be fine.still i would appreciate advise about low cosy grill place aroun bavaro or cortecito.

I am tring to make sure lot of things if i come to live there for a almost year....

Thank you all

Suez02

Jul 8, 2009
Try "Jesus" the Spanish place in Plaza Dorado. Inexpensive and decent food - tell them how you want your food prepared. We've never had a problem.

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
Thank you all specially big boss mike

Thank you very much for the information ,that would help lot to me.since i am spliting my bussiness here in canda to a friend of mine i will have to watch my budget for a year while iam in bavaro.those prices are very good .

I was worrying that bavaro was only for rich people but i guess it is not .

For the stomach problem actually i dont have to worry lot because there is one natural powerfull solution which has been proved by the science it is wild oregana oil.i would bring some from canada...
Thank you mike for your time and attention.

I ll try to visit you if you would be around

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
Main thanks go to mr korac

Sorry usually answer of mike fisher are around i though information came from him.sorry thanks to all but specially mr korac

thank you

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that been a complete list, Milosh,
nothing to add, ha ha.
the german Minimarket Place at Plaza Globalia is named "Emputidos Berlin",
I had the Spareribbs there Yesterday for lunch with Potatoe Salad, been a full plate of Ribbs and a separate Plate for the salad, perfectly tatsty, costed just 175.- Pesos, that's less than $5.-US.
they have a plate of the Day every day and also a steady nice Menue, mixed with different dishes, the ones I checked til now been all great quality and they always serve Full plates, ha ha.
the Thai restaurant Balicana at Los Corales is also one of my favorites, great Food and inexpensive, they open forlunch around 11AM and close by 3PM, open again for Dinner starting 7PM.
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Balicana is just about my favourite restaurant and their cuisine is not just Thai - they also do Indonesian as the name suggests.

For the time being they are only open in the evenings, Mon-Sat. But they may start lunchtime openings again soon.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Cappuccino Mare has the best Italian food in the area. The owner is the same Italian that owns the restaurant in the Marina at Cap Cana. He also owns Punto Italia in Fruisa that just opened.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We went to Punto Italia the other day - thanks for the heads up in the other thread, SKY. As you said, it's not as big as the La Romana branch but still has an excellent selection.
Must try Cappuccino Mare sometime soon.
O Sole Mio in Ver?n is pretty good too.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Comedor Comoma & Chez Mon Ami

Comedor Comoma on Avenue Espa?a, right next door to Plaza Rivieras, is a good, clean place to eat inexpensively. Lunchtimes serves typical Dominican lunch fare. Evenings they fire up the grill. I do not think you will become ill by eating there.
Punta Cana Restaurant Comoma | puntacanatv.com | punta cana tv

Chez Mon Ami in Plaza Nautica on the same road as Hotel Carabela (at the Cortecito end) is also good and inexpensive. Mostly French/international dishes, does a good churrasco.
Chez Mon Ami Punta Cana restaurants | punta cana tv
Buen provecho!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right, Cappuccino Mare is a very good place, you have to try it, Chiri.
I did not know that Balicana does not open for Lunch anymore, they had their Lunchhours before, maybe through Low Season Times there is not much movement for Lunch. and yes, it is a great Place and very reasonable priced.
Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Also I don't believe anyone mentioned Jellyfish. Easily one of the best spots in Bavaro. Right on the ocean, good food and atmosphere. Not cheap, but very good.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, on weekdays Balicana had their excellent "bowl menu" for RD$300. We often went there for lunch on Saturdays.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Richie,
I have not been at Jelleyfish since a good year now, may be I give it a try again.
but on a few visits before I stopped Visiting the rates been far above the level of Service received.
at least they have a top Location, their Beach is perfect, great Ambience.
will try again soon.
Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Richie,
I have not been at Jelleyfish since a good year now, may be I give it a try again.
but on a few visits before I stopped Visiting the rates been far above the level of Service received.
at least they have a top Location, their Beach is perfect, great Ambience.
will try again soon.
Mike

I was there last week and was satisfied. But it was lunch and it was not too busy, so service was good.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
also wanted to add that Capuccino Mare has great Rooms for very reasonable Rental rates, who comes for a long weekend to visit PC or doing business here should consider them for the whole lodging, great restaurant on site and located very central in the Bavaro Area.

and I had that Gulash today at "Berlin",
couldn't finish the Plate, been way too much, and been fantastic in taste.
cheers
Mike

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
thanks

thanks lot for taking time and repling thank you all.

soon i am there and i would like to personally meet you guys and buy you a beer and say it was me who asked those stupid questions

first i would like to see mr mike he has so many post in this forum so helpfull then mr korac

with the hope of seeing you soon

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
accidents happen all the time, people walk coincidentially into each others.
bavaro is a small area, if you hang out here for a while you sure will meet one or an other of the posters from the DR1 Bord.
have Fun
Mike

hey Milosh,
great about the chinese place,
years ago there was a really good one up in Veron, I like that Food on the Go.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hey Guys,
and we all missed out a really great and very reasonable priced one which is under top new administration since some weeks now,
the Agua at Bibijagua, right on the beautiful bavaro Beach Bay Ocean front.
they offer a great variety of Food and a fine selection of great Wines, they also offer Dominican Lunch on Daily Bases and always have a daily special.
been there on Monday, the Special been Locrio de Langosta for just 250 pesos per plate.
the new Administration at the Place is run by Julie Richardson, the ones of You who are here in PC since a longer while for sure know Julie as the "Kontiki Queen".
yes, she's English, but she's a very fine Lady, ha ha.
she's herself there during weekdays from early morning til around 5PM,
step by and check it out.
they have comfo loungers around, too, so you can make lunch a whole Beach afternoon with great Food, good wine and top services for great Rates.
happy eating
Mike

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
I've only been living here a week and eaten at Balicana twice and D'Angelos twice, great food in both.
Where is Cappucino Mare? We don't have transport yet so can only walk from Los Corales right now.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I've only been living here a week and eaten at Balicana twice and D'Angelos twice, great food in both.
Where is Cappucino Mare? We don't have transport yet so can only walk from Los Corales right now.

for Capuccino Mare You would need Transportation from Los Corales,
it is located on the Street towards the Riu Resort, on the Mainroad shortly before You reach the Crossing Named Machiplan(where You would Turn left towards Macao/Uvero Alto, straight on would be a few hundred meters to the maingate of the Riu Resort).

Mike