Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4G is coming (wind telecom)

I was talking to wind telecom folks this afternoon and it seems like they are almost set to launch 4G network in santiago and santo domingo. No prices, speed or combo packages have been publicized yet but they are ready to launch the service in 2 weeks.
    Please do not refer me to the samsung and wind telecom webpage news article. I know all about that. I want to know if anyone knows the inside knowledge on pricing and speed of the internet. I know they will not offer HDTV yet but they are working on it.
    AZB

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

4G what? I'm guessing just data.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    4G what? I'm guessing just data.
    Is Wimax, so yes is only data, although you can route VOIP through there.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeR View Post
    Is Wimax, so yes is only data, although you can route VOIP through there.
    yes its wimax and yes they are talking about data and voip. I guess they will route your dominican line through voip as they are talking about programming ata and even sip software phones etc. They will even sent Tv channels through it.
    AZB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Planes Locales

US$4.32 inc. taxes for inbound DID from DR from a reliable provider... nobody can beat that price
    I don;t think they do SIP URI so you will need to "register" your SIP device to receive calls. I am working on a big personal project to link Asterisk, free SIP calling provider who includes DR, Wind Telecom DID inbound, and GSM to VOIP gateway linked with my Orange fleet number to create "free everywhere to anywhere" system for me to receive and send free outbound calls from home/office/cellular.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the "DID" is great as you can program your ipod touch to receive local calls when connected via wifi or take the programmed ata box to usa and receive free inbound local DR calls to your ata unit.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok now that the service is here is Santiago, any real-world experience to share (as to speed, reliability on connection, movility, etc). They "unlimited" speed for their high-end offer, but they don't say what that means (there is always a limit).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Now is four G and next month will be 5 G and in March 2011 will 6 G.... You gonna get crazy following all those G.
    I have cellphone to talk on phone and computers to connect to the internet.

JJ

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    Now is four G and next month will be 5 G and in March 2011 will 6 G.... You gonna get crazy following all those G.
    I have cellphone to talk on phone and computers to connect to the internet.

JJ
    Hey Bachata, it matters if you want to watch Netflix or Hulu through your computer or cellphone without the video stuttering any place in the city.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast