Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Orange Internet Fly Box 25 Gig?

I'm thinking of getting the Orange Internet Fly Box 25 Gig. I do a lot of torrent downloading movies tv shows etc.
    Its not cheep its about RD $3000.00 a month inc tax's. I don't watch tv I download everything and watch at my convenience...

Any of you guy's have any feed back?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Viva has unlimited for less, but I am not sure, so check. Also it depends where you are using it as for reception.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we have it and I wouldn't recommend it for watching TV. Sometimes it's strong enough for watching video but most of the time it isn't.
    Location has to be a factor but how do you know until you've tried it? They don't give you a trial option.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Chiri, what is the plan you have and what is the speed you get?

e.g. Speakeasy - Speed Test

testing New York location

Post Thanks / Like

Net Hogar unlimited, we pay RD$2,800 per month
    0.79Mbps download, 0.04 Mbps upload
    But it's behaving reasonably well this morning. Sometimes it is much slower.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So according to this Orange Dominicana ™ - Net hogar your plan would be Net Hogar Extra .... RD$2190 + taxes = RD$2803

They offer 25 GB data download limit... they say after that they would reduce your download speed and such downgrade would be to 1 mbps for the rest of the month ... if you get 0.8 mbps download, how can they downgrade you? maybe they will actually "upgrade" you to 1 mbps after you reach 25 GB of data downloaded ... might be worth a try ... so then you would need to download about 30 movies each month first in order to get 1 mbps download speed.

I think Orange is trying to support people watching more movies, I guees...