Opening an bank account in punta cana

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
Hi to all members

( opening bank account for a foreigner in punta cana)
what kind of document or id would they ask and what are the charges or is there any limitations.any kind of informations regarding this would be appreciated. For example scotia bank since it is canadian.today i went to scotia bank in canada and they told me scotia bank in dr must have their own regulations and fees

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Hi albertodino & welcome to DR1!

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps since you're new, you haven't seen the many threads and posts regarding this very subject. I'm also going to assume that it never ocurred to you to use a search engine such as google or even to go right to the source:

Scotiabank Republica Dominicana

All the information is right there. Types of accounts and requirements for Dominicans & foreigners. As for account specifics, there are plenty of contact phone numbers and e-mail addresses. If you don't understand Spanish, you can translate the page using a site such as: Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Hope that helps.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Scotia Bank wants two names and phone numbers of Dominican citizens as a reference, in addition to some other things.