Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sending money from Canada to the DR. (Best way)

I have been sending money from Canada to the DR with xoom.com for over a year now. But now they will not let me do so any more. You have to have a US bank account or Credit Card. I normally send from my bank account into another with xoom. Is there any other websites that will provide this service with a fair cost. Western union is way to high.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

why not open a US$ Bank Account in the DR and Transfer the money per online banking?
    it work's for me since years, cost efficient, quick, reliable.
    Mike
    Mike

www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

how do you manage to send money to the dr via online banking with a us account. I have that and the only way is by going to the bank personally and requesting a transfer and alot of paper work and a fee from a Canadian Bank.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

With RBC you can do online transfers up to $1000 per transaction and it will cost you $20 each time. All you need is the account number and the swift code for the bank in the DR.
    Several years ago my wife wired $13000 US through Scotia Bank to BHD in the DR and it cost her $35. The money wasn´t available for 4 or 5 days though.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd been using this service for several months, sometimes they call you to check you're the person making the transaction and to confirm your ID. However, I'm in the US, not sure how it works from Canada. Friends from Canada use them with an US CC account, not Canadian. They deposit the cash in a local DR bank or they can deliver it to the person. I use the direct deposit for safety concerns and convenience.

https://secure.enviosboya.com/index.php

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster1 View Post
    how do you manage to send money to the dr via online banking with a us account. I have that and the only way is by going to the bank personally and requesting a transfer and alot of paper work and a fee from a Canadian Bank.
    your DR Bank give's you on request the account number and SWIFT Code for their US based offshore account for such wires, to receive money from the US my DR Bank BHD has a account at the First Bank of America in Miami, so the Wire goes there with the Note that it get's credited to Your DR Account with them, the process will be explained to you by your DR bank when you request the Numbers for such wires.
    it is nearly 2 years that I sent money from the US side that way, I do my banking almost always on my European accounts and very most of course Via my DR accounts due my business beeing based in the DR.
    Mike
    Mike

[email protected]

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know a DR Bank which provides on line services for international outgoing transfers?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgig View Post
    Does anybody know a DR Bank which provides on line services for international outgoing transfers?
    it has been a long while that I asked about such, because I only transfer money the other way, coming in to have Fun here, so correct me please.

for my BHD Bank US$ Account I can not get online banking to send money from here, I have to enter their office, give them the details for the wire, and they do the wire for me, for the high Fees mentioned in a prior thread.
    the only online banking I have here for a local DR bank account isthe one on My Pesos Business account, a so called "Cuenta corriente", but I only use it for national online bankings, like paying my monthly taxes etc, I never tried to send money aborad from my Pesos Business account.
    Mike
    Mike

[email protected]

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again. Contact HIFX., they have a web page and can transfer from nearly anywhere to anywhere at either no charge or very little.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use ScotiaBank.... rarely use my USA account - too much hassle.

Canada to RD... very simple w/ Scotia.... next day access... sometimes same day.
    Used Butterfield the other day... came in overnite.. no charges

WW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast