Two lovely dogs of my own up for adoption.... (male and female German Shepherds)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am very sad that, my current circumstances, necessitate me to look for a great new home/s for two of our wonderful dogs.

9jnpr6.jpg

Alfie was in a very poor state and very under-nourished when he came here last March. He is around 3 years old and is now big, beautiful, bouncy and brave but is starting to react a little to other male dogs in the same house and I am not in a position to deal with that situation so he would be better off with a loving new owner and, preferably his best friend, Chelsea as well.

2iar8s3.jpg

Chelsea is just a year old, loves everyone and has overcome her previous nervousness of other older female dogs - she would love to be rehomed with Alfie if at all possible.

Neither dog has been neutered.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wb, looks like our uncle may take the girl. right now he is in the states but back on sunday so i shall know the final answer next week.
i hope that you will be able to find a house for them, lovely dogs!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
wb, looks like our uncle may take the girl. right now he is in the states but back on sunday so i shall know the final answer next week.
i hope that you will be able to find a house for them, lovely dogs!

Thanks dv8 - will look forward to hearing from you next week about her. In the meantime, I am hopeful that someone will want Alfie or, even better, both of them.

SDF123

May 19, 2008
New Home in Santo Domingo?

Hi,

We just bought a house in Santo Domingo and we would be honored to have these 2 dogs as part of our home. We currently have 1 Chihuahua # 2 Diva, 1 Chihuahua/Vitalata mix Pewi (we say he is a #5 Chihuahua), and an overweight Pug Gordo. We adopted all these guys from Doggie House an animal shelter in Santo Domingo. If they are still up for adoption I would love to talk to you.

Thank you
Steven

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
When I first saw this my heart jumped, since I remember the arrival of the male and the effort to give it a good home.

I am so impressed with the wonderful responses received so far and the obvious good will that people have shown.

Shirley, I am glad you are back and wish you all the best.

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
shir, if someone wants to take them both go for it asap. my tio can get his own dog :)
it is rare that someone is willing to take both doggies so bless SDF's heart!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi,

We just bought a house in Santo Domingo and we would be honored to have these 2 dogs as part of our home. We currently have 1 Chihuahua # 2 Diva, 1 Chihuahua/Vitalata mix Pewi (we say he is a #5 Chihuahua), and an overweight Pug Gordo. We adopted all these guys from Doggie House an animal shelter in Santo Domingo. If they are still up for adoption I would love to talk to you.

Thank you
Steven

I have sent you a PM, Steven, and await your reply. Do you have a nice large garden there?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Is still awaiting a further response from SDF123 - Steven please get in touch.

If anyone else is interested in Alfie and/ or Chelsea, please also contact me.

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi,

Thank you
Steven

How do you say that and give me hope of a new wonderful home for my beloved dogs and then nothing............ have sent you a PM, bumped the thread and also tracked down your email address in the hope of attracting your attention and getting some action. Were you just joking about adopting these beautiful dogs?

I really need to know and think others might also like to know too.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You need to think twice about allowing anyone unreliable taking those dogs off you. If they gave a toss they would have been onto you a few times by now to find out more details and work something out. I'd keep searching as dogs like this could so very easily end up spending the rest if their lives chained up in a junkyard or lockup and having a sh1t life.
I know you just want to get it over with, but you must be sure they will have a good life once gone, this guy seems uninterested. Hold up for someone with enthusiasm for the dogs, they deserve it.

Reactions: waytogo

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
You need to think twice about allowing anyone unreliable taking those dogs off you. If they gave a toss they would have been onto you a few times by now to find out more details and work something out. I'd keep searching as dogs like this could so very easily end up spending the rest if their lives chained up in a junkyard or lockup and having a sh1t life.
I know you just want to get it over with, but you must be sure they will have a good life once gone, this guy seems uninterested. Hold up for someone with enthusiasm for the dogs, they deserve it.

Totally agree 100 %

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Am so glad you asked - both left here at around 6.30 pm tonight to go to their new home and early reports of how they have settled in is encouraging.... time will tell but hopefully all will work out well.

Reactions: Celt202

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Awesome, you will be well updated on their progress, on the negative , don't be shocked if they find their way back to you one day, lol.
How are you feeling about it, sad but relieved I expect?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Awesome, you will be well updated on their progress, on the negative , don't be shocked if they find their way back to you one day, lol.
How are you feeling about it, sad but relieved I expect?

Totally correct, very sad and I cried when they went but also know it is better for them there than here - I love my dogs and just want what is best for them in the long term.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Doggie update

I'm the one that has these beautiful German Shepherds. So far the beauties are settling in with my 2 little guys. Shirley knows she can come by anytime to see them! Just so you all know I'll keep Shirley updated on a regular basis.
I thank Shirley for entrusting me with her babies and they are indeed her babies. I hope they come to love me and mine as much as they do Shirley.
Thanks again Shirley!!!!