Satellite expert in Sosua / Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I need someone with the right kit to align an old dish I've just put back on my roof. I was sharing dish signal from my neighbour, but he has now moved.

I'm also looking for another 6ft dish if anyone has one kicking around. I want to receive 119W and 110W for Dish Network. I've tried the LNB-on-a-stick set up, but it's a bit of a compromise on signal quality for both birds.

I've tried calling Dofi for the last three weeks, but he seems to have disappeared!

Has anyone successfully got a motorised dish working here in the DR? It would save having to have another dish, but somehow I doubt that it would be that reliable.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Call Dolphy in Sousa. 809-224-3111. Sorry did not see you tried Dolphy already. He may be in Florida now, but he will be back.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Call Dolphy in Sousa. 809-224-3111. Sorry did not see you tried Dolphy already. He may be in Florida now, but he will be back.

I have also been looking for a 6 ft dish. I was trying for awhile to reach Dolphy and I just talked to him. He just returned from Florida, and he speaks English....

B in Santiago

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have just used him to install a complete DISH sat and network. It has been terrific. We now have 250+ channels (30 or so movie) and full Sirrus radio which we have connected to the house hold stero system.
Expensive yes. Worth it YES!!!!!! No longer a slave of DeLancer

Bob K

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
We have just used him to install a complete DISH sat and network. It has been terrific. We now have 250+ channels (30 or so movie) and full Sirrus radio which we have connected to the house hold stero system.
Expensive yes. Worth it YES!!!!!! No longer a slave of DeLancer

Bob K

Did Dolphy supply the receiver or did you have one from the states ?
I have a new Dish HD Receiver and only need the dish and lnb/splitter.
Did you end up with one 6 ft. dish or 2 for 110/119 and did you install a 3rd for HD...that's if you opted for HD.
My son has an account in the states so I really hope Dolphy can find a dish for me.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Did Dolphy supply the receiver or did you have one from the states ?
I have a new Dish HD Receiver and only need the dish and lnb/splitter.
Did you end up with one 6 ft. dish or 2 for 110/119 and did you install a 3rd for HD...that's if you opted for HD.
My son has an account in the states so I really hope Dolphy can find a dish for me.

You may be able to use your reciever. We have one dish for both sats. I may add a second for for more HD. Currently we get about 1/2 the available HD (but get the same channels in reg mode). It is a 6 foot dish with two LNBs. We have a converter in the house so it is wired to 4 different rooms. However only the Primary TV can receive HD signal (because of HMDI cable from the reciever). If you need more info PM me.

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.