Auto Air Conditioning Santo Domingo

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I need a reliable competent shop to troubleshoot and fix my auto air contioning in Santo Domingo.

Thanks

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
1999 Daihatsu Terios

Aircon blows cold for about half a minute then blows hot.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
sounds like your compressor is going.(expensive)or May need to be recharged with freon(cheap).The compressor's purpose is to put the freon gas under pressure. This raises the temperature of the gas so that it is much higher than the temperature of the outside air. The compressor is located on the front of the engine on an accessory bracket. It has a pulley on the front that is belt driven off of the crankshaft. The pulley has a magnetic clutch attached to the input shaft of the compressor.(check to see if its engaging) When the magnetic clutch is off, the pulley freewheels on the compressor. When the AC is turned on, the magnetic clutch attached to the input shaft engages with the pulley, which turns the compressor input shaft.

its always good to have some knowlege of the vehicle so you dont get swindled by the mechanic.:glasses:good luck

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
... The pulley has a magnetic clutch attached to the input shaft of the compressor.(check to see if its engaging) When the magnetic clutch is off, the pulley freewheels on the compressor. When the AC is turned on, the magnetic clutch attached to the input shaft engages with the pulley, which turns the compressor input shaft.

its always good to have some knowlege of the vehicle so you dont get swindled by the mechanic.:glasses:good luck

Is that magnetic clutch what they call the fan clutch here?

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
I think ive heard it reffered to as that.since the pulley is on the outside (connected to fan)clutch is in center.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Is that magnetic clutch what they call the fan clutch here?

NO, no it is NOT. The magnetic clutch is on the compressor and the fan clutch is guess where? On the fan. Which you dont have anyway because you have a 4 cylinder front wheel drive car with an electronic fan...but could be an issue to deal with in relation to the AC not working.

When I asked you to be detailed I was hoping for more than one sentence. I was hoping for conditions, problems, time of day, speed when problem occurs, sounds, smells, time you have had this car and when was it in an accident? What kind of accident and who did the repairs?

All I know so far is you have a 4 cylinder shtbox from Korea. Give me some more details.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I think ive heard it reffered to as that.since the pulley is on the outside (connected to fan)clutch is in center.

Bro, please....:ermm: The dude said:
I need a reliable competent shop to troubleshoot and fix my auto air contioning in Santo Domingo.

Reliable, competent, to troubleshoot are the key words here. Not guess and ka-jigger a fix using the knowledge from the one time you were watching Motorweek on PBS in 1988. :eek: Yea..., I m sorry to say the Merkur XR4ti didnt make it with us to the 21st Century . Only thing you said so far that made any sense was "check and see if the compressor is engaging" which :tired: it is if the car blows cold for a minute and the stops.

Lets get all the information first and then make the diagnosis.:pirate:

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
Damn racer relax just trying to help the guy out since no one else was.i never claimed to be a technitian just trying to get him a little informed so he doesnt get robbed so stop being a internet thug, give your advice and move on no need for hostility bro.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
ohh and by the way hes not asking you to fix his car over the internet.Like you said hes looking for a Reliable, competent,mechanic to troubleshoot in person.(not a do it yourself job) Its impossible to try to troubleshoot something your not witnessing first hand.With all the things that can go bad on an ac system(and they do vary from car to car),All you'll be doing is guessing at best.So gather all the information you want still not gonna solve his problem bro.Just give him a general idea so los tigeres don't take advantage.:glasses:....and i dont even like pbs,I gotz the speed channel....yeehaaa:devious:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Bro, the difference between you and I is that YOU dont know what you are talking about which biases your "advice". If you know anything about air conditioning you can determine where the problem may be located by knowing the symptoms. But since you dont know the difference between a fan clutch and a compressor clutch I m sure you wouldnt know that either.
And since you are not a "technition" whatever that it is, leave it to the guys who get paid to do it. This is the difference between replacing a $14 relay and a $300 compressor.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I suggest you take the number of the recommended mechanic, you will have trouble fixing it over the net if you are not into this kind of thing, and at best you will get a guestimate on here.
It is nice of people to offer assistance but yet again the willy waving of a certain few prevails and drags another thread off the point.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Do you know what you re talking about also? No, I dont think so. So go down to the market pick up some Wanker sausages and have a meal. Me? On the other hand made money hand over fist this summer in NY because almost EVERY day was 95 degrees. And every thing with wheels on it was frosty in my hands.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Do you know what you re talking about also? No, I dont think so. So go down to the market pick up some Wanker sausages and have a meal. Me? On the other hand made money hand over fist this summer in NY because almost EVERY day was 95 degrees. And every thing with wheels on it was frosty in my hands.

If you as good with A/C as you are at making a cock of yourself then yes, I expect you are a millionaire.
Me, no, I only have 10 years working for Ford (Jennings), in the body shop so A/C isn't my thing. I do however have enough experience with cars to know that amateurs trying to diagnose and fix problems online usually ends in a trip to a pro, either way and often at more expense.

I'll leave you with your online client although I expect with your attitude you may have lost that one.
Have fun!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Bro are you silly man? How do you get be a millionaire soley from doing AC work? Hand over fist does not mean millionaire, but it also doesnt mean sardines and Ramen noodles. This summer was beautiful, everyday was so hot than there was plenty of work, plenty of work.

And who is an amateur? Excuse me, let s clarify this here, was it I who opened my mouth to equate a fan clutch and a compressor clutch is the same thing. Bro, I got more tools than you have excuses to screw hookers. Thats all I m saying.

I know dudes like you, you re one of them dudes who assumes that because YOU cant do something, no one else can neither.

Even if the car was here in person, you still need more than ONE sentence to ascertain where the problem is. And if you knew anything about body work, you would know that a front end collision would ruin any AC system. In addition to what may be electrical issues, vacuum leaks and then refrigeration problems.

I ll teach you how to put money in your pocket son, do it how I do it.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I told you isn't my thing, not difficult to know more than me!
The amateur? I was referring to the OP, obviously is or would know what was wrong, no? I wouldn't presume to tell you your game, it is your attitude that stinks.
As for knowing my type? Well, no you don't, my point to this thread was referring to you attitude in posting, it comes across very cock sure, very arrogant and very immature in terms of thinking because you have a job you have the right to bitch to everyone else trying to help out. Just seems childish and a little pathetic to me, but that's just me and now I'm finding you boring so time to move on to something slightly interesting.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
And by the way, if you are as good as you say then you know online diagnosise is pointless and often the cause of more damage to a vehicle. But yet again, you know everything and I expect on this matter also.

z90242

Aug 3, 2009

Thanks

Go South on Maximo Gomez @ February 27 and take a fast right onto a dirt road and you will see "Auto Air Conditioning" on the left. The owner is a Maestro and will diagnose your problem immediately and give you a price quote. He is not cheap and you will have to wait a few hours. I think it was 21,000 pesos for a new compressor. The initial compressor didnt work right and he replaced it with another American made compressor which is working out fine. Bring your Laptop and wait across the street in the Barcelo Hotel Lobby.