Costambar Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Play

Are you guys playing the charity tournament with us Saturday morning at Playa Dorada, the 3rd Annual N. Coast Charity Golf Tournament? It's a fun day. See the Sticky in the N. Coast thread. All are welcome. Some great sponsors and a fun day for good causes.
We've already got about 65 hackers like us to join in. Be there by 8:15 or so for a 9 a.m. tee off. Lunch and drinks, green fees and the carts included, can't beat it. Individuals are welcome. Playa Dorada Golf Club is the place.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Coastambar

The area and the golf course, if you want to call it one, have a ways to go, but I hear there are some significant improvements done and being done. I hope so.

dilligafny

Jan 31, 2010
can anyone tell me what is a good course to play in costambar?i'll be there in a few weeks and would love to play a nice course

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
The nearest proper golf course to Costambar is at Playa Dorada.

Costambar golf course is a 9 hole oversized pitch n putt infested with ants which bite & definitely not worth the US$20 they ask of tourists to play 9 holes. As a resident I've never paid more than US$8 for 9 holes, which is plenty.

Bring plenty of golf balls too cos it's not uncommon for them to get lost even if you hit the middle of the fairway...

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
golf course

they do keep it nice, and it is fun for the price. Just have to wear shoes and socks and keep moving for the ants....lol.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
somebody just told me the 2nd restaurant and the spa should be ready by December, good things are happening in Costambar, we need a good restaurant in Costambar, and also it seems like the entrance road is getting paved soon.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
I agree with you luzcace, we do need more good restaurants in Costambar. What we don't need though is ANOTHER restaurant, there's more than enough for the number of people in town.

We have found that, when we do offer something different food-wise at the bar, people do turn out & are more than willing to pay for good quality home-cooked food served in a clean, relaxed environment.

I just hope the new place, & ALL eateries in town, gets the hygene right. The last thing Costambar needs now is a food poisoning scare.

Can you tell we just passed our food hygene inspection & are displaying our certificate with pride? lol

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Well, I know there are a lot of restaurants in Costambar, but nothing special. When I said another restaurant, i mean at the Golf club, as they already have a small snack bar( NOT SURE IF IT IS SERVING FOOD AT THE MOMENT) the ..other... one is going to be built, and i guess that it will be done the proper way, not like all the other huts in town.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, you mean they are going to build a restaurant on the golf course? where, i pray? there is nothing going on there apart from building what seems to be a private house.
granted, jorge seems to be taking good care of the course and i know he has plans for extending and improving it but it will take time...
as far as the main road goes: they are working on it, pero lento. i would not think it is going to be done this year but hope never dies. i use cafemba road myslef and i like it better mainly thanks to the light that lets me enter the traffic. i have to honk my horn and look both ways before entering on the green but at least i have a fair chance. joining the traffic going directly from costambar road is a pain in the ***.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
They are planning on adding 9 more holes , lets hope the road will be done soon, looks like they are getting ready to pave it. Remember, there were traffick lights at the Costambar entrance, but nobody respected them, so they took them off. Same thing as the entrance at the university. They havent started to built the restaurant and spa yet, time will tell.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Rumors are that they also want to take over the tennis court and restaurant at the beach, wished this place would open as it used to be great when it was run by the Bayside Hill Hotel, can imagine it would do good business exspecially on Sundays.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
They are planning on adding 9 more holes , lets hope the road will be done soon, looks like they are getting ready to pave it. Remember, there were traffick lights at the Costambar entrance, but nobody respected them, so they took them off. Same thing as the entrance at the university. They havent started to built the restaurant and spa yet, time will tell.

Where will the new 9 go? Who is designing it? Will it be a regulation 9? Or is 9 more holes just talk? Tom

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Where will the new 9 go? Who is designing it? Will it be a regulation 9? Or is 9 more holes just talk? Tom
And it'll take some money. 9 holes, property acquition costs aside, will cost around US$1,000,000 MOL. It'll take a lot of golfers to earn a return on that kind of investment.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hear the plan is to put 9 more holes and make a direct road from hacienda. they want to put a small bridge for golf carts and pedestrians.
the architect for the course is some dude who designed whatever golf course in DR (i did not listen but apparently a professional). i am not so sure where will the holes go but it is possible they will adopt the land just on the seaside and then the one on the right from the entrance. other than that there is not much space unless they really team up with hacienda and use some land from the other side of the river, who knows.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
One of the new holes should come out right in the back of my house somewhere. I am in Hacienda Villas and across the street is the bush area between Cofresi and Costambar which must be the location for these holes. Jorge has done a great job with the course so far, and Hacienda might just finance the project together with the Oasis group.

Status
Not open for further replies.