Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sosua Is Dying

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Is Dying

During the 10 years that I have lived in Sosua, I have never seen it as dead as it is at present. Furthermore, it is my expectation, and hope, that the winter season will be even worse than the past two, and they were bad.

Walking around town, including the road to the beach, many closed business locations are seen. I understand why, since there is nobody on the street, but what I don't understand are the commercial plazas with many rental units, that are nearing completion. You would think that Sosua was thriving rather than in the process of becoming a ghost town, except for the bars where the prostitutes congregate.

Why do I hope that the coming winter season will be a disaster? Not because I want employees to lose their jobs and owners to lose their investments, but that is happening anyway.

What is needed, in my opinion, is a complete collapse of the tourist industry in Sosua to cause owners, townspeople, and the local government to make Sosua a more desirable place for tourists. Personally, I hope that collapse occurs this year, since sooner rather than later is the best hope for Sosua.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It' not just Sosua that is hurting..The problems with the economy in the States, Canada etc..., is the biggest reason that places like Sosua are hurting.. Cleaning up a little trash[ hookers included] is not going to save Sosua..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you take into account the amount of people who have lost jobs over the last 3 years then the math does add up correctly. Wait it out, it will come good again, sooner or later.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole country is going down the drain unfortunately!!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    If you take into account the amount of people who have lost jobs over the last 3 years then the math does add up correctly. Wait it out, it will come good again, sooner or later.
    I'm afraid it will be more later than sooner

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsg View Post
    It' not just Sosua that is hurting..The problems with the economy in the States, Canada etc..., is the biggest reason that places like Sosua are hurting.. Cleaning up a little trash[ hookers included] is not going to save Sosua..
    By itself, no, but that must be part of it.

And the problem with Sosua is not just the world economy. As long as people believe that, the necessary corrective actions will not be taken.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

a big contributing factor has been dr1 that has had nothing good to say about sosua- even people that have not been here jump on the band wagon

bavaro is the new in place, which means that all the problems will eventually move to that region

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jrhartley;904419]a big contributing factor has been dr1 that has had nothing good to say about sosua- even people that have not been here jump on the band wagon

Don't agree with you there you can't blame DR1. Sosua as well as Boca Chica etc are $hit holes, its a fact and it's not changing just getting worse

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    a big contributing factor has been dr1 that has had nothing good to say about sosua- even people that have not been here jump on the band wagon
    n

Interesting that you think DR1 has so much influence over an entire towns future, personally I don't.
    Sosua has been dealing with some pretty serious occurrences in recent years, not just the odd highstreet scrap, that is enough to make people choose other destinations. I don't think DR1 can be responsible for thugs being thugs. Surely we have to discuss these things, it is in our interests and others to do so.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

its happening all over but doesnt get reported to the same extent ;-

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast