Does anyone know anything about this place?

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Munoz deal

Check the archives, over the last couple years there's been quite a bit written and most of it bad. The housing costs are the same for the city. They paint a pretty picture but the testimonies weren't very good.
Look for more folks to chime in..

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
can't seem to find anything..if someone could give me some opinions that would be great!

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
Thank you very much..she is going to check it out. There are alot of "volunteer" tourism packages but it's ridiculous how much they charge..lol if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great...she is 23

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go with DREAM project, it is solid.

You might look into Mustard Seed over in Puerto Plata.

Anyone that charges that much money for "volunteering" is also making a living off the "volunteers"...Sad thing, really.

HB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
This looks very familiar. If I recall, the owner of these apartments in Munoz has posted here before as various sock puppets pretending to be seeking information. The purpose is to get the link posted to rent her run-down units as a part of a do-gooder package because noone else wants to pay for a place like that in the middle of nowhere.

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
Go with DREAM project, it is solid.

You might look into Mustard Seed over in Puerto Plata.

Anyone that charges that much money for "volunteering" is also making a living off the "volunteers"...Sad thing, really.

HB

thanks she is checking it out as we speak

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
DREAM Project

This is a fully accredited 501 (c) (3), meaning a US tax deductible, accredited project that uses Montessori methods and is excellent, based in Cabarete. Mustard Seed is also a good program, its international and pretty well funded already.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
My vote:

Dream project. Well run, and well respected in the local community.

Bob K