Dominican Republic was involved in the independence of the USA

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I was in Savanah this spring (a day before getting hit by car) and there is a monument (maybe two) dedicated to both Haiti and DR for the troup support durinng the war. I was shocked to see it... made me smile.

Bob K

Aug 19, 2004
One way of looking at history but the Dominican Republic didn't exist then. This was more the Spanish and the French devising ways to kick-out the British from America and maintain/expand there own empires.

Reactions: Africaida

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
One way of looking at history but the Dominican Republic didn't exist then. This was more the Spanish and the French devising ways to kick-out the British from America and maintain/expand there own empires.

so by your standard every conflict before Americas independance is attribituted to a bunch of Europeans killing some Indians or kicking another bunch of Europeans @ss.anytime someone post anything positive about DR It has to be shot down or downplayed by "haters".The DR has enough negative to talk about.Thank you Nals havent heard this in a while.

Aug 19, 2004
Thank you for your thoughtful contribution DRdaddy. From what I wrote I cannot understand how you derived your conclusions.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
dr.jpeg

THISDRLOVE

Sep 28, 2010
I was in Savanah this spring (a day before getting hit by car) and there is a monument (maybe two) dedicated to both Haiti and DR for the troup support durinng the war. I was shocked to see it... made me smile.

Bob K

Savanah Georgia? if so where in Savanah is the monument?

E

engineerfg

I agree with the proxy battle theory posted above, that this was just spain + france + england's issue, and is hardly a point for 'Dominican Pride'.

Besides if it was, it's hardly a shining light of American-Dominican relations, you know, after all those invasions and exploitations thereafter...